How in the world do I figure out what my blackberry email address is?? I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE

Just a silly question...

Advertisement

How in the world do I figure out what my blackberry email address is?? I just recently switched back to T-Mobile and got a new BB pearl and I cannot remember how I set up my bb email...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Just a silly question...

Find the "set up internet email" icon on your home screen and go there

BTW, Your tmobile email address will be username@tmo.blackberry.net
    You can set up other email addresses that you may have (i.e. username@gmail.com, etc.

Does that help?

jachromatic no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Just a silly question...

Hi Jodi, there are no silly questions here

Here goes.
    Verify that your BlackBerry handheld is connected to the wireless network and is displaying uppercase GPRS in the top right corner. If your device is not displaying uppercase GPRS, go to BlackBerry Internet E-Mail Management and Troubleshooting.From the BlackBerry handheld Home screen or Tools menu, select the Set Up Internet E-mail or E-mail Setup icon.
    If prompted, read the Terms and Conditions, and then select Accept.

Enter your e-mail address and password for the account you would like to access from your BlackBerry handheld. Confirm the password and select Next.

On the BlackBerry® 7100t and 7105t, it may be easier to use the multi-tap input method when typing e-mail addresses. To switch to multi-tap, press and hold the Star (*) key. Hold it again to switch back to SureType™.

Within minutes you will see one of the following messages:

Your account has been added successfully.

Select OK to complete setup. Your e-mail account will now be accessible from your BlackBerry handheld. You may exit the BlackBerry® browser once setup is complete.

You can also find these steps and more at support.my.t-mobile.com/knowbase

Hope that was helpful.

:coolJachromatic

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE

Thanks for the help! Now I feel really stupid...I found it right away in "set up internet email" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiiii View Post
    Thanks for the help! Now I feel really stupid...I found it right away in "set up internet email" lol
    Good! Jachromatic's right - there are no silly questions when you have a problem. We love our BB's and we love to help share the love with other users. Happy stacking.

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2

well, since we are on silly questions (though i dont think jodis was silly) i wonder why there are not more 3rd party programs made for bb. i just came from a windows mobile pocket pc phone, and there are thousands of (many are free) programs like calendar and alarm programs, theme switcher programs,tons of games and contact managers. everything you can think of. now granted, i know thats part of the problem win win mo,3rd party programs often mess up the phone and theres tons of resetting and such involved. but every program i have seen on sites like handango,just seem to be taylored to the rich business person for spread sheets and finance reports and all that, and they want $40 to $80 for this stuff, none of which i will ever use. so why doesnt bb switch gears and start targeting more of a younger smartphone crowd? most people who buy smartphones want to have several options on how to personalize the phone. alot of this comes by way of free apps out there to try. i know that bb were made for business people to begin with, but why not take a bite out of the windows mobile pie and say to them...'hey people, bb isnt like win mo units...cuz it ACTUALLY works, and you dont have to reboot the thing 6 times a day.' the operating system and the way the contacts page and calendar look, just seem plain old and outdated. so whay doesnt someone make a spiced up easier on the eyes app with a few nice features that could help the bb people? and more free games too, i have only seen a few out there. am i way off base here with thinking bb could take a large chunk out of the windows mobile pie if they were to just create an add program with phones aimed more toward the younger crowd? look at the stats on the adverage age of a person who buys a smartphone, most are under 35 and they keep buying anytime a newer unit comes out, or in some cases, just a newer color. this could be big business for bb in my book. the whole marketing ploy could hinge on one simple phrase...the operating system that actually works like its suppose to...

I think the easy answer is that part of the reason we BB lovers love our BB's is because it ISN'T a Windows unit and it DOES work. Having been Win P-C user for many years and dealing with all the problems that are involved with using Windows, I avoid Windows-based phones. I don’t care if they have a million applications for it…and I don't want to reboot 6 times a day.

I'm sick of Windows and disgusted with the fact that VISTA is my only choice if I want to buy a new P-C unless I want to buy a new quad processor and run a soon-to-be discontinued XP system. I could go to MAC - 'don't want to do that either.

RIM is actually coming around to the masses - it's slow but it's happening. They've added cameras, media players, SD card slots, wi-fi and soon will have data streaming capabilities, etc. Although it's slow, it seems to be working. BB users are growing – look at Pinstack, a great BB user’s forum, and how it’s growing.

There's too much impatience for having everything right now! That attitude encourages vendors to rush to market with products that aren't ready to go just to get in front of all the others. I think that's what has happened to MS with VISTA. They tried to put too much in it, then had to delay it for 3 years and still came out with a less than solid product.

I think there may be more BB applications out there than you give credit for – there are many free and inexpensive pgms and games but there to go with the $60-80 business applications. Perhaps there aren’t as many as for Windows phones but it seems to me that we have a fairly adequate supply of software for the BB with more coming all the time.

Lastly, we’re off the topic here – the original post is asking how to determine and set up a user’s email – so if you have other questions like this open a new thread in “third party software” for example.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com