First of all - sorry if this was answered here already. I tried to use ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

oleg no está en línea Stack level 1

Junk E-mail

Advertisement

First of all - sorry if this was answered here already. I tried to use search - did not find anyhing realted.

I have hundreds of messages in the Junk E-Mail folder on my Blackberry (8700c). But when I check in my Outlook - there are only a couple of them. I clean the Junk E-Mail folder in my Outlook on a regaular basis.

Where all these messages are coming from?

Also - my Blackberry somethimes shows that I have 200 un-read messages. But Outlook shows none.
    I tried to do reconciliation many times - does not help.

Configuration:
    - In the Redirector settings Junk E-Mail is not checked
    - In the Redirector settings Outlook profile is selected

Thanks
    Oleg

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Junk E-mail

Don't worry about posting questions here. It's your right to post and our job to keep the forums organized. Each thread on the same topic can sometimes contains many differences. Welcome to pinstack!

Ok try this let see:

Then on your Blackberry go to Options from the main screen / then 'Message Services' - Make sure Messaging is set to 'Desktop'

This may seem like doubling up but next do this:

Go to the main screen scroll to 'Messages' then press the trackwheel and select 'Options' / 'Email Reconciliation'

Then in the 'Email Reconciliation' window be sure it still says 'Desktop' to the right of 'Message services'

Set delete On: 'handheld' (unless you want to delete the email on your PC wirelessly from the Blackberry)

Set 'Wireless Reconcile' to 'On'

Set 'On Conflicts' to Mailbox Wins'

Next:

Connect your Blackberry - via USB - to the PC where the BES version of 'Blackberry Desktop Manager' is installed. (You can tell because it will have 4 icons 'Redirector Settings' being the extra on)

Once you open 'Destop Manager' (Use or install version 4.0) / double click 'Intellisync' then click 'Configure Reconciliation'.

In 'Configuration' window:

Select 'Synchronize moves and deletes' and 'Mailbox wins'

Make sure below that it says:

"Wireless message reconciliation is currently enabled.
    Please see message list options on the Blackberry
    handheld for these settings."

If it's not set to enabled then that's the sync issue your having.

Now make sure the Personal folder matches the on in question. This may be set to 'None' depending on how you did initial setup. (If you receive email to your Blackberry - don't change the folder)

Click 'Ok' to save settings.

Let me know if you solve the issue

Here's some more on filters:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...hread.php?t=62

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

oleg no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Junk E-mail

Thanks for the help!

But...

Just checked everything you advised to do. Everyhting is set exactly the way you described. Except I did not find the "Desktop" setting described below:

> This may seem like doubling up but next do this:

> Go to the main screen scroll to 'Messages' then press the
    > trackwheel and select 'Options' / 'Email Reconciliation'

> Then in the 'Email Reconciliation' window be sure it still says 'Desktop' to > the right of 'Message services'

Then even tried to perfom a reconciliation from the Desktop Manager. Did not help.

Just checked the mesages on my Blackberry. Still - I have ~150 messages (~50 of them new) in the Junk E-Mail folder on my Blackberry and only 10 in my Outlook.
    And the biggest problem is - on my Blackberry I can see the messages which are not junk but rather useful mail - but I can not find them in my Outlook.