Hi stackers, Been having an issue requesting/accepting new contacts on bb messenger. Every time I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

sugarhoodie no está en línea Stack level 2

issues with bb messenger

Advertisement

Hi stackers,
    Been having an issue requesting/accepting new contacts on bb messenger. Every time I go to add a new contact, they tell me they accept it, but their name still stays on my pending list for a few minutes, then automatically becomes a request to me...I go to accept it, and it just stays pending. This has happened with every contact I've attempted to add. Eventually it works, but takes multiple attempts. I've always made sure I had data service when making a request...

Any ideas?
    Thanks guys!

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    I can't see why that's happening. Do a battery pull and add me to see if it still does it. Then you can delete me.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

Adding now.
    Initially I thought it was carrier related...I'm on verizon and noticed the issue with tmo contacts. But now its everyone....
    I do a battery pull almost everyday!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok, I added you and it stayed pending...
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GirlyInRed no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm having the same issue with my BBM...after couple attempts, it works...very weird and I thought it was only me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

its ridiculously annoying and nothing seems to work...

Trogdor no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2051D86D
    Okay, so I'm not the only one seeing this. I have a Pearl 8100 on BIS. My primary email address on my BB is a Gmail account. By default, emails are not sent to my phone unless filtered to do so. I also have setup in BIS for emails sent from Gmail to Bcc my Gmail address when emailing from my Blackberry.

So, let's say I want to add a contact in Blackberry Messenger from my address book. The contact has PIN and Email address defined. In Blackberry Messenger, I go to Add Contact and select the contact. I choose to use the default text and sent the invite. After the invite leaves my phone, another message arrives and it's a Blackberry Messenger Request from me, to add, me!

So, if the contact's emails aren't filtered to be sent to my phone, I don't receive the acceptance to my request. Also, if someone else initiates the request who's emails are not filtered to be sent to my phone, I don't receive their request. If I forward the request from Gmail to me@att.blackberry.net, the email is now from me and I'm adding myself again?!?

My solution is to remove the email address from the contact in the address book, send the Add via PIN, and then add the email address back to the address book. This is because email overrides PIN as the invitation message type if the contact has both defined.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but don't know which setting above is causing it. Thank you for reading this. I look forward to any suggestions you all may have.