I have a peculiar email issue. My company issued 8700g was originally set up with ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

johnaggie no está en línea Stack level 1

Issue switching to BES email

Advertisement

I have a peculiar email issue.

My company issued 8700g was originally set up with a regular pop3 account because at the time the company I worked for didn't have a BES. My company was then bought by a larger corporation with a BES. I got a new email address, exchange server, and registered with the BES with the password they gave me. Everthing seemed to work fine with the registration. However, my BB will recieve messages but not send them on my work account. I can send using the tmobile blackberry email account I registered for, but that doesn't help me much. I can't reply to the emails that were sent to me on my corporate email.

I allways get a red 'X' and it says 'Message Status: Desktop Email program unable to submit message'.

I noticed that if my blackberry is connected to my computer via USB cable with the 'Blackberry Device Manager' running, it will allow me to send. So it seems like it is allways trying to send email through my computer, even when it is not connected to my computer. I have the 4.2 upgrade from the Tmobile website installed, and Desktop manager v. 4.2.2.14. Everything else seems to work fine.

I have contacted our support center to do another registration with the corporate BES, but I have done this before and I don't think this helps. Is there some setting I'm missing, in the Desktop manager or on the BB itself?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Zip no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Issue switching to BES email

If your connected via BES you should be connecting it to your computer anymore. Get with the IT department. Sounds like you Enterprise Activation didn't sync all the way. It may be trying to access your old email address or something.
    Good luck.!

johnaggie no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Issue switching to BES email

I've gotten with our IT folks and they are no help, that's why I came here. I'm hoping one of the gurus on this site can tell me what they are supposed to do, so I can tell them.

I only connect to my computer to charge it, and transfer media and apps/themes, and do upgrades. I know I don't need to connect to my computer in order to do a sync.

The error message I get any time I try to send an email is 'Message Status: Desktop Email program unable to submit message'.

All they have tried is to 'wipe' the handheld, and then do the 'Enterprise Activation' with a password they give me. This seems to work fine, no errors during the activiation, but when it is all done I still can't send email. They've had me do this about 5 times now, over the last 6 months. I have yet to send an email using my BB on the BES since they put me on it six months ago. Can anyone help?