hey all today I had a friend of mine ask me if he can stop ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

is this possible?

Advertisement

hey all

today I had a friend of mine ask me if he can stop receiving emails on his bb? he has a work bb and also uses as a fone but he is going on vacation and wanted to know if he can turn off the emails he will be receiving from work.

i have never seen such an option but thought to ask you guys.

thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is he on BES? The BES admin can turn it off, otherwise he could create a filter in the BIS.

he is on BES

I'm pretty sure then that the BES admin can just stop the e-mails from going to his device.

but there is not such option on the bb its self? right?

Quote Originally Posted by inc188 View Post
    but there is not such option on the bb its self? right?
    Yes there is. On OS versions 4.2 and newer, and a few versions of OS 4.1, go to Options>Network (might be "Mobile Network" on newer handhelds) and there will be an option at the top of the screen to turn data services on/off.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    It can be controlled from the BES and the device as well. If you do what Mark Stone says you disable data connectivity completely. If you go in to messages on the device and then go to options in the menu. You can then go in to email settings, choose the desktop email and then there is an option to "Send Mail To Device" and you can set this to no. You can also set this from Desktop Manager if he has it installed on his pc at work.

Cool, thanks for the info, Mark and Mark! Did not know either of those methods, but now I do! Woohooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    It can be controlled from the BES and the device as well. If you do what Mark Stone says you disable data connectivity completely. If you go in to messages on the device and then go to options in the menu. You can then go in to email settings, choose the desktop email and then there is an option to "Send Mail To Device" and you can set this to no. You can also set this from Desktop Manager if he has it installed on his pc at work.
    I don't have this option on my 8310.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Yes there is. On OS versions 4.2 and newer, and a few versions of OS 4.1, go to Options>Network (might be "Mobile Network" on newer handhelds) and there will be an option at the top of the screen to turn data services on/off.

way to go mark for thinking out of the box.. i didnt even think of doing it that way.

thanks alot

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I don't have this option on my 8310.
    Are you on a bes....when you go in to the email settings do you have the proper service book listed?