So I've got all my email working on my Pearl, but all of my spam ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3

Is there a way to filter emails on my pearl or through thunderbird?

Advertisement

So I've got all my email working on my Pearl, but all of my spam filters and stuff are through the thunderbird email client I use on my PC. So I'm getting all of the crap I don't want on my phone. Is there a way to filter on the Pearl or in some way have my messages go through my email client first if I leave that running all day?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Go to your carrier's Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) site. I'm with Sprint, so I go to sprint.blackberry.net.

Once there, login, and you can create filters for each email account.

If you have only a few addresses (*@mycompany.com, etc) you want to receive email from, it's much easier to set the filter to not forward the messages unless they are from certain email addresses.

Check the Guides link above, or reply to your post if you need some help.

Is there a special way to get there? It's not loading for me on my phone browser or PC.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Try this, on the page below, right under the heading, there is a link to get to the page you need (your profile says your carrier is AT&T). If you haven't done so yet, create an account there. You can have up to 10 email accounts on one device.

Once you've created your account(s), you can add filters for each email address.

http://www.wireless.att.com/business.../bis-login.jsp

Yeah I had found that page before, and am getting nothing but errors when I try to log in. My login works on my phone but I need to use the PC to create filters, and I also get an error when trying to create a new account.

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Any idea how to get suncoms page?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

http://eu.blackberry.com/eng/support...e/internet.jsp

All of the carrier's BIS sites are at the bottom of that page.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    gorcorps, I have found that I will get all sorts of errors if I use Firefox as my desktop browser, but if I use IE, I am able to do my BIS stuff. Not sure if this applies to you but give it a shot if you were using a desktop browser other than IE.

As for email filtering, the best filtering is upstream BEFORE it hits your email account. Once email hits your email account, filtering is then up to the client (like Thunderbird is doing for you). You can have one additional barrier between your email account and your phone, and that is using BIS filters, as stated above.

As far as I am aware, the only client solution for BB's is the Antair Spam Filter. While admittedly pricey at $49, it is not only the best (and only), I cannot imagine it being any better than it is. I would estimate I get about 150 spams per week. 140 of it is caught by the ISP (and kept for 2 weeks), 9 of the remaining 10 is caught by the Antair Spam Filter, and 1 makes it through. I have had the same email address for 8 or 9 years and I am not about to change it now, nor spend huge amounts of time setting BIS filters (I do use plenty of filters, just not to control spam).
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Alright, I finally got this sorted out. It was a whole mess of problems that resulted in a call to ATT to finally remedy. First problem was ATT never updated their system with the fact that I had a BB Pearl... they still had the IMEI of an old windows smartphone in their system. Also, when I created an account on my phone for my BB email it doesn't automatically create a username/password to use on the desktop site, so the tech had to do that for me. I also don't think my service books matched up with the updated ones because they had no idea I had a blackberry.

Thanks for the suggestions and help everybody.