Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have 4 email accounts and I find it tedious and just a little annoying ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

Is there an easy way to purge deleted items?

Advertisement

I have 4 email accounts and I find it tedious and just a little annoying to have to go to options, then to email reconciliation, and then proceede to purge each account individually. Is there a faster way?
    Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hmm, I don't think so, but if someone finds a way, I'd love to know...

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Sometimes when i'm bored i will be in one of my email accounts and hold the NUM key down and then highlight the emails i want to delete with the trackwheel. then click delete messages and watch them dissappear.....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

PIN/ID
    23d051c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah but they still show up on the server unless you purge the account from the BB.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Skip that is very true..... I keep my in box on my computer cleaner than my BB. This would not work for some people... I also don't use outlook so there is no sync issue for me...

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by skip00319
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah but they still show up on the server unless you purge the account from the BB.
    It should ask you, cancel, handheld only or handheld and computer or something like that... It works for me

PIN/ID
    23d051c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ check you server they are still there. I always chose the "Delete from handheld and server" option but if I don't purge them they still show up. For most this isn't a problem but I use my BB as a modem and the reconciluation with outlook takes forever.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    ahhhhhhhhh ok I don't have it forwarded from my outlook... that might be the issue... now are you sure this isn't BES? cause I can see that being the problem. With BIS, I have never had a problem.

PIN/ID
    23d051c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mmmmmm good question. I really don't know. I assumed I was on BIS cause I am not on a company phone/service. I guess I will have to call and findout. But what about Yahoo mail. It has the same problem, and I don't use outlook for that.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    ok if you don't use corporate mail you are BIS, yahoo deletes no problem, so its gotta be something with outlook.. ya know I was just thinking... outlook isn't really where the email is coming from so that is the problem. It is coming from an ISP that is just routed there. Therefore when you delete from mailbox and handheld it is just deleting it from those specific isp's.

PIN/ID
    23d051c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just check my At&t account (the one that goes to outlook). The mail is was there. I purged it and when I checked again it was gone. Must be At&t.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    but all the other ones were gone?

PIN/ID
    23d051c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only ones that were gone were the the ones I had deleted earlier today and had just purged. When I checked earlier the ones I had deleted but not purged were still there.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    that has got to be an outlook thing. I use thunderbird and they delete. I am not to fond of outlook. Is there an option in there for "remote" email? or something of the sort... I really wish I could help a bit more. Lemme do some research for you. What version of outlook are you using?

PIN/ID
    23d051c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think 2003. But not sure. I am away from my computer for the next 3 hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast