Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was reading somewhere that Verizon will be having an add-on trial period of McAfee ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Advertisement

I was reading somewhere that Verizon will be having an add-on trial period of McAfee for the Storm. So if viruses aren't possible what would you need that for?!

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I often wondered that myself, what about games and apps you get off websites like getjar? Some of those games want to connect to the internet before you play. If people can write a app for the BB I'm sure they could write a malware or virus for it also.

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    I dont see how that could work considering that you the settings for the BB is really locked down considering how it is compared to other handsets. look at the security settings and it should not be able to inject keystrokes, screen capturing, or security timer reset. BTW, you could alway chg the default setting for the installing SW, and/or chg the settings for the SW installed already.

I think, all-in-all, Ver is just trying to get more money from you. And if worse comes to worse, you could always wipe and restore.

the best part, is that its all freeeeee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12