I just upgraded my T-mobile 8700g to Firmware build 4.2.1.107. After installing, I noticed that ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

gtshipp no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet explorer on 8700g 4.2 FW missing

Advertisement

I just upgraded my T-mobile 8700g to Firmware build 4.2.1.107. After installing, I noticed that I was not able to find an internet explorer application. Do I need to install this seperatly, Do I need to activate it some how (as in un-hide it) or did I loose this when I upgraded? I swear this was on here before I upgraded, and I thought for sure this model supported WiFi.

Not sure if the plan matters much, but I have a pay as you go plan, but i was wanting to see if I could connect to my home wireless network and browse the Internet.

Thx

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    As long as you have a data plan, you should be fine.

First thing to try, go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table, Click the wheel and select Register Now. You should get a message that a registration message was sent, and receive a message within seconds saying that your device was registered on the data network.

If that doesn't bring back your Browser icon, go to your provider's BIS site, click on Service Books, then click the [Send Service Books] button. Your Browser icon should appear within a few minutes.
    JerryD