Hi. I just want to apologize if this has been addressed already. I have looked ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

sDOTmelfi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c3a2e5

Thumbs down Internet Email Help - Emails aren't being sent to my BB.

Advertisement

Hi. I just want to apologize if this has been addressed already. I have looked through several threads, but I wasn't able to find this problem exactly. I have an 8700g on T-Mobile. Before I installed the BlackBerry Desktop, I was able to receive emails from my work email account. We use a Microsoft Exchange Server. After I installed the BB Desktop, I also installed the redirector. My emails stopped going to my phone. I realized (after reading several threads here) that the redirector only works when my work pc is on and receiving emails. I can't have my pc on after I leave the office. I uninstalled both the BB Desktop and the redirector. I reinstalled the BB Desktop without the redirector. I deleted my work email from the Internet Email Account on my BB. I added it back and it said it was working and I should be receiving emails within 20 min. It's now been 4 hours and I have yet to receive an email on my BB (I've received over 40 today on the pc). Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Like I said, I used to get them before I installed the redirector, and I got rid of that now. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by sDOTmelfi; 09-05-2006 at 06:16 PM.

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

Re: Internet Email Help - Emails aren't being sent to my BB.

You should call T-MO data support, get them to send you your service books, then go to options-advanced options-host routing table-click the wheel, and choose register now. Hope this helps.

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

There should also be an icon that shows up on your home screen that says "email setings". You can click on this and add other email addressess, like a Yahoo one for example, if you have one. A Hotmail address will not work unless you have Hotmail-Plus, a paid service.

Nate Heise no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20290b9a

Try forwarding it from your work e-mail, it should work even with you r computer off, correct me if wrong!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Desktop Redirector does not work if your pc is off.

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

You may also need to delete the service books on your BB for the Desktop Redirector. You will probably need to contact T-Mobile's BB tech support for help with that.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Does your company have a BES with their Exchange Server?

Sounds like you may have over-written the BES settings while attempting to use DM and Redirector.

You may want to contact your company's BES Administrator / IT department if you're on a BES (or supposed to be on the BES) before calling your carrier.

In my experience, I'm on the BES with my company, which is also the wireless carrier. If I call Wireless support for BES issues, they tell me to call internal IT support. (I'm actually waiting on hold right now!)

sDOTmelfi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c3a2e5

thanks everybody. we don't have a BES with the exchange server. i'm going to call tmo later today for the service books advice. thanks again.