Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IMPORTANT: New MSN Hotmail email account users will need to subscribe to MSN Hotmail Plus ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Integrate a Hotmail e-mail account with BIS 2.0

Advertisement

IMPORTANT: New MSN Hotmail email account users will need to subscribe to MSN Hotmail Plus Service to integrate their Hotmail account with BlackBerry Internet Service. If a non-subscriber attempts to integrate their Hotmail account with BlackBerry Internet Service, the following error message appears: "Cannot integrate the email account! Please check your information and try again".

Prerequisites:
    - New Users: Creating a new BlackBerry Internet Service account.
    - Existing Users: Logging into the BlackBerry Internet Service.
    - A valid username and password for the Hotmail account.
    - A subscription to MSN Hotmail Plus Service.
    - Up to 10 e-mail accounts can be integrated through the BlackBerry Internet Service.

Integrating a Hotmail account:
    1. Access the BlackBerry Internet Service.

2. In the "Existing E-mail Account" section, click Setup Account.
    3. Enter the appropriate e-mail settings and click Next.
      • E-mail Address: username@hotmail.com
      • Password: user defined
      • Confirm Password: user defined
    4. A confirmation will appear when the account has been successfully integrated. Click OK.
    5. The integrated account will appear in the "Valid E-mail Account" section.
    6. New e-mail will be sent to the RIM BlackBerry device.
    Note: An individual service book will be received for each integrated e-mail account. Each integrated e-mail account will have a separate Messages inbox icon on the RIM BlackBerry device.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Integrate a Hotmail e-mail account with BIS 2.0

Good info for people using Hotmail wanting to add their account to Blackberry. Thankx hydn.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Just for clarification- Hotmail Plus is Hotmail's Paid subscription service. Starting @ $19.99 per year.

Hotmail's free email service will not work.

zyphbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242ac794

Smile Re: Integrate a Hotmail e-mail account with BIS 2.0

Yea, the "Free" doesn't work. Can you edit the original post to include that note?
    I got the message:
    "This service only supports Internet Service Provider (POP/IMAP) e-mail and work e-mail such as Microsoft Outlook/Exchange and Lotus Domino/Notes.
    Please try adding another e-mail account."

I didn't know if I followed the instructions correctly or not until I clicked the "comments". I have a "free" account that I have had for years (going on 6 years now), still tied if I want to upgrade just to get this as one of the features since using Outlook got "grandfathered" in when they changed over.

Thanks about the note though!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Welcome to pinstack.

The original post says:

"IMPORTANT: New MSN Hotmail email account users will need to subscribe to MSN Hotmail Plus Service to integrate their Hotmail account with BlackBerry Internet Service. If a non-subscriber attempts to integrate their Hotmail account with BlackBerry Internet Service, the following error message appears: "Cannot integrate the email account! Please check your information and try again"."

I'll change it to red text

zyphbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242ac794

Ahh, see...I think that's where I got a little confused, since I wasn't a "New" subscriber of Hotmail and can get it through Outlook Express for nothing, I was hoping it would work. (I did see the "A subscription to MSN Hotmail Plus Service." as one of the requirements, but was thinking since I was able to access my account via other methods it may not apply to me, so anyone out there that has a grandfathered account before they implemented the new "rules", you won't be able to access it unless you pay for the extra space too.)

And Some wonder why I'm slowly switching to Gmail for everything! LOL

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Welcome to pinstack.

The original post says:

"IMPORTANT: New MSN Hotmail email account users will need to subscribe to MSN Hotmail Plus Service to integrate their Hotmail account with BlackBerry Internet Service. If a non-subscriber attempts to integrate their Hotmail account with BlackBerry Internet Service, the following error message appears: "Cannot integrate the email account! Please check your information and try again"."

I'll change it to red text
    Thanks for the "RED" but I just added my 2 cents because sometimes you can register/subscribe to a service and it is for FREE. Just making sure readers were aware that is a PAID Subscription to MSN Hotmail.

ranmandx no está en línea Stack level 1
    I registered my hotmail account with no problem at all i don't have hotmail plus or anything along those lines but have had my email address for many years. I tried to setup a customers hotmail account and this is the error i got with it. is there a free way of doing it as well? Does gmail work with BIS or no? I'm trying to find a solution for my customer.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Gmail and yahoo both work ranmandx

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

jwprice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A566

I have a free hotmail account I've had for 7 years now and I just integrated it with my t-mobile blackberry and it works fine! I do not pay for hotmail. Hotmail does not integrate so when I delete a message off of my blackberry it doesn't delete off the hotmail, but I still ge the messages.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Yea I just added mines as well.....

jwprice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A566

Have we figured out a way to fully integrate hotmail so that when we delete a message off of our blackberry's it deletes off of the hotmail account as well???

dino422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C0588F

OKay, was wondering if there is now a fix to add a .msn mail account to the BIS? My wife did hers the otherday and worked fine. I get the error when trying to add my account. Just as a note, both of our msn accounts were created in 2005. TY vvm for ur help!!

Dino

tanzim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2056042F

My holmail also works in BIS. But what is the criterion set by hotmail for BlackBerry Integration? We know POP or IMAP is a prerequisite for BIS but some hotmail ID will work and some not then definite answer is yet to be known. what RIM say about it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast