Not being on BES, I'd still like to have some other folders besides the Inbox. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

bartco no está en línea Stack level 1

Inbox Subfolders Non BES

Advertisement

Not being on BES, I'd still like to have some other folders besides the Inbox. Is there anyway to create additional folders for non BES users? Thanks...

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Inbox Subfolders Non BES

What is your Desktop email application? One of the options you have when setting up your BB Account and installing the Desktop Manager is how you will sync email. You can use the Redirector if that's available to you, though it only works while your desktop is up and running (I'm pretty sure about that).

Does anyone know if Redirector will allow you to mirror the email folders on a desktop?

MA- I have no redirector, as far as I can see, as I'm not BES. On my BB Desktop Manager, all I see are the three different accounts that go to my BB7011i.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

This is not available in any current implementation of BIS 2.0-2.3, and according to RIM, nor is it planned. It was dropped from the 1.x line of BIS will no plans (per RIM) to reinstate.

this could always change in the future, but that's how it stands as of now.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by bartco
    MA- I have no redirector, as far as I can see, as I'm not BES. On my BB Desktop Manager, all I see are the three different accounts that go to my BB7011i.
    Bartco, if you go to START>All Programs>BlackBerry do you have "Blackberry Desktop Redirector" as one of your choices?

No Desktop Redirector option. Just BBDevice Manager, Desktop Manager, and Read Me. The desktop manager opens when I select that choice, but the device manager does nothing. I'm not sure what it is supposed to do.

jagooch no está en línea Stack level 2

uninstall/reinstall desktop manager, and when prompted, follow the redirector path. Then you'll have it!

btw, unsubscribing this thread now.