I jsut setup my BlackBerry 7100g to grab my personal email. When setting it up ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mcosta no está en línea Stack level 1

Question IMAP Setup Question

Advertisement

I jsut setup my BlackBerry 7100g to grab my personal email. When setting it up it tells me that I've added an additional account correctly and am able to getr new messages. However, I believe it may be POPing these emails and leaving a copy on the server by default and not using IMAP like I'd like it to.
    In reading in other threads I saw that if the BlackBerry Internet Services thingy has trouble setting up an account with just your username and password it will ask for more advanced setup information like IMAP or POP port. How don't see where I need to go to switch myself over to IMAP.

Esentially, I want to be able to use my BlackBerry just like any other IMAP client where all of my folders are there, if I delete an email from teh inbox it is deleted off the server, etc.

Thanks in advance!

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: IMAP Setup Question

I believe these steps might help:

1. In Messages select Option
    2. Email Reconciliation
    3. Under Message Services use your pinwheel to select the account you want to adjust
    4. Next to On Conflicts press pinwheel to change option and select Handheld Wins
    5. When done use pinwheel to save the changes

I'm hoping this will help, if I understand you right you want actions taken on your handheld to match those on your server. I believe this will work, it works for me! If you delete on handheld it deletes on server, in other words your handheld will dictate your settings, ie. HANDHELD WINS!

Thanks. I'm really looking for a traditional IMAP functionality like I have with any email client. For example. For example say in MS Outlook I have a bunch of IMAP folders that I have created all residing on my mailserver. If I setup my IMAP account on another computer running Mozilla Thunderbird I'll have those same IMAP folders that were available in Outlook also available in Thunderbird.

All of my mail and folders are kept on the server so no matter where or how I log into my IMAP account all of my stuff is always there. I'm looking for the same functionality with my Blackberry.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Oh I see! Sorry, I couldn't help!

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mcosta
    Thanks. I'm really looking for a traditional IMAP functionality like I have with any email client. For example. For example say in MS Outlook I have a bunch of IMAP folders that I have created all residing on my mailserver. If I setup my IMAP account on another computer running Mozilla Thunderbird I'll have those same IMAP folders that were available in Outlook also available in Thunderbird.

All of my mail and folders are kept on the server so no matter where or how I log into my IMAP account all of my stuff is always there. I'm looking for the same functionality with my Blackberry.
    In the new BIS 2.0 you do not have sub-folder capability. If you have a Sent and Trash folder on the IMAP account, sent/deleted messages on the BB will be placed in those folders. Also, you cannot file messages in IMAP folders.

So basiclly I'm never even hitting my IMAP server but just the BIS which POPs my mail and leaves a copy?