I have my BB BIS account connected to an IMAP email account. Unfortunately, I can't ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jfny no está en línea Stack level 1

IMAP sent items problem

Advertisement

I have my BB BIS account connected to an IMAP email account.

Unfortunately, I can't get items that I send from the BB to show up in the sent items folder for the account.

I've looked around on the blackberry site and found KB10897 that sort of addresses this issue. It says that the "sent items" folder needs to be at the same level as the inbox folder. My server has the sent items folder as a sub-folder of the inbox. The permissions are set so that I am only allowed to create new folders that are sub-folders of the inbox (meaning that I can't create a second "sent items" folder in a way that will make BIS happy).

My solution that I'm about to try is to create a gmail account that I will auto-BCC on outgoing email. Then set the gmail account up in IMAP and manually drag everything over to my sent items folder every week or so. Not an ideal solution, but since BIS doesn't let you select the folder in IMAP where sent items should be put it's the best I can come up with. Not even sure if this will work.

Has anyone else come across this issue and have a better idea?

jfny no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: IMAP sent items problem

The gmail idea is working well. Not a perfect solution, but this could work for anyone else that is having the same problem.

berry8130 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same problem. There is supposed to be a solution in beta right now that might solve this.

Is there any other legit way to get your sent items whether the email is IMAP or pop3?

luismoe no está en línea Stack level 1

I used Outlook with Gmail Imap to create the root folder "Send Mail" in the same level as "Inbox". It it a different folder than the usual send mail under "[GMAIL]" then I use a "rule" on this folder to move the messages to its appropriate place. i.e. /GMAIL/Send Mail, solved the issue for me. (of course I use Outlook to manage my mail and it needs to run to do the actual moving of messages)