I'm not sure if this is where I need to post but I have no ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

T1nks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243492F6

I'm a BB newb, need help with my connection..?

Advertisement

I'm not sure if this is where I need to post but I have no idea how to work my 8100 Pearl.

The problem I'm having is that right where it says "EDGE" and it shows me the level of signal I have...instead of having the 2 arrows showing I am connecting it just has a tiny thin arrow blinking...almost like it's frozen and it wont allow me to connect.

My phone has been doing this for about a week now and it won't allow me to send/receive SMS or messages on my BB messenger. I also cannot browse online, as it'll say my connection failed.

Is this some sort of problem with my carrier (AT&T) or is my phone having a stroke?

Thanks!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Cant say i have ever seen a tiny thin arrow.

Can you post a screen shot?

PIN/ID
    243492F6
    how do i do it on my phone? sorry im not good at this.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    do you have a data plan?

PIN/ID
    243492F6
    yes i do. i got the unlimited i believe.

PIN/ID
    243492F6
    Internet/MEdia Net UNLIMITED Used 9.67MB of Unlimited Internet/MEdia Net UNLIMITED Used 0.5MB of Unlimited Messaging

Used 60 of 1500

Messaging UNLIMITED
    Used 16 of Unlimited

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    look under your options screen, then look for your mobile network...what does that screen read?

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    My daughter has an 8110 and I have the curve and I haven't seen the skinny arrow on either of them. I would agree with bsjmcconnell, check in Options, Mobile Network and see what that says. If it says AT&T, then, according to a good friend of mine at AT&T, he said, pull the battery, then the sim card. Wait 30 seconds and place them all back in and allow the phone to restart. If you are still having problems, check with AT&T to make sure they have the proper programming on thier end. I do think AT&T is one of the best carriers but sometimes it is only one tiny setting on thier side that can make all the difference in the world! I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me. Good Luck!

PIN/ID
    243492F6
    Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    look under your options screen, then look for your mobile network...what does that screen read?
    Data Services: On
    Mobile Network: AT&T

PIN/ID
    243492F6
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebugangel View Post
    My daughter has an 8110 and I have the curve and I haven't seen the skinny arrow on either of them. I would agree with bsjmcconnell, check in Options, Mobile Network and see what that says. If it says AT&T, then, according to a good friend of mine at AT&T, he said, pull the battery, then the sim card. Wait 30 seconds and place them all back in and allow the phone to restart. If you are still having problems, check with AT&T to make sure they have the proper programming on thier end. I do think AT&T is one of the best carriers but sometimes it is only one tiny setting on thier side that can make all the difference in the world! I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me. Good Luck!
    ty ill try this right away

PIN/ID
    243492F6
    ok tried the SIM card deal and it's still doing it. I checked on my coworker who has the same phone and her's is doing the same thing. I'll check with AT&T tonite. Sorry I didn't post a screenshot I'm at work and dont have the program with me.

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    Sorry that didn't work, please let me know what you find out, I would be interested in knowing what that is all about. Good luck!

PIN/ID
    243492F6
    so far my phone is back to normal, ATT said the problem is not on their end but my coworkers phone is pretty much doing the same as mine as far as connection goes. Today its been good so we'll see if it happens again and I'll take it down there and show it to them. thank yall very much.

PIN/ID
    243492F6
    well, my hubs upgraded my OS to 4.2 and it seems to have cleared out the whole getting frozen/tiny arrow situation i was having. I have no clue what was wrong with it.

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Congrats on getting it fixed !
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes