Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK, I think I have solved the mystery of why some hotmail accounts can't be ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

TiaBia no está en línea Stack level 2

I THINK I SOLVED THE hotmail MYSTERY!!!...bare with me

Advertisement

OK, I think I have solved the mystery of why some hotmail accounts can't be added to the BB BIS. I was tooling around with my hotmail options and comparing it to my brothers, and low and behold, I found that my brother's hotmail account didn't have the option to: RECEIVE MAIL FROM ACCOUNTS WITH POP3 ACCESS, but I found that mine, my mothers, my fathers and my sister-in-laws did, and I was able to add all of those accounts to my blackberry and to my brother's blackberry!!!

To those having issues, try this (this is if you use Windows Live)...sign into hotmail, select Options > More Options > Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts....

You should have 3 options:

1. Send mail from different address
    2. Receive mail from accounts with POP3 access
    3. Receive mail from other accounts without POP3 access

My brother is missing option 2...I've sent a request to have that option restored...we'll see how that works!!!

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: I THINK I SOLVED THE hotmail MYSTERY!!!...bare with me

all that option is doing is alowing your hotmail account to access other POP3 email accounts to your inbox, nothin to do with BB

or am i mistaken

badabing no está en línea Stack level 1

I get all my hotmail to my BBerry.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

I don't get my hotmail to my phone, nor did this help me... Any extra advice anyone? I've been reading up on this and it seems that most people can't do it. How did you do it badabing?

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Same here. I just tried this and I still can't recieve hotmail on my BB.
    ~Lauren

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: I THINK I SOLVED THE hotmail MYSTERY!!!...bare with me

Lauren did you sign up here > http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

It is the BlackBerry Internet Service and it also aloows you to re-send service books besides setting up emails!!

hpak no está en línea Stack level 3

Actually, microsoft initially allowed pop access for hotmail, but a few years ago, they discontinued the feature. All users previous to the announcement were allowed to keep all pop functionality, however anyone else that signed up thereafter needed to upgrade to a paid premium account for that feature.

Aloha,

~H~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    The reason being that Microsoft lose out on revenue as your not viewing the website that has 3-4 adverts running on it. As when you send just the text to a device like a BlackBerry you no longer see the adverts!! Money grabbing *******

XzK
    XzK no está en línea Stack level 1
    As i have said in another one of my posts, i used to work for TMobile. As of currently there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to permanetly link a hotmail account so that it will "push" messages to your handset. However in some cases you might be able to get TMobile customer service to link the account to your handset and your Hotmail account will work for a while but it will not last more then a month. (sometimes not even 48 hours). Sorry if i crushed anyones dreams out there. When i found out i was pissed for the same reasons as "BenritMeyer". Like he and so many others said "Money grabbing *******"

XzK
    XzK no está en línea Stack level 1
    Another piece of information. (Many of you probably already know) Microsoft services and programs dont get along to well with other companies resulting in widespread issues regarding software and incompatible programs. If Hotmail is a must then id recommend getting a Windows Mobile based handset. otherwise you will have to get a Yahoo account set up (Most Comparable to Hotmail- Least I think it is). You can also just access it from msn.mobile.com or just type in hotmail.com or msn.com and sign in from your browser. other then that seems we are all crap out of luck.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah I am missing that option as well...what a bummer
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

louisiii no está en línea Stack level 2

I've had hotmail for a few years now, looked around for the push option but can't find so I'm probably going to set up a yahoo email so I can push.

But, for hotmail on your blackberry mobile.live.com is the way to go.

SalaH no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2110bdb6
    Forget hotmail. You got so many other options out there yahoo, gmail etc. Why pay when you can have it for free and really gmail is the boOoomb. Gmail for president.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I've had a hotmail email address for 9-10 years and I have my emails forwarded to my gmail account and it works perfectly. My emails get pushed to my blackberry too. So it is possible, it's just that maybe newer accounts cannot do this. This is my two cents I guess

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Older Hotmail accounts will work on a BlackBerry. I have a hotmail account that was created about 6 years ago and it works flawlessly with my BlackBerry because it has pop access. Newer hotmail account won't work unless its a Paid account that has Pop access

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast