Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What I think he means Capricorn is that on May 9th, T-Mobile added the capability ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: How to remove "data connection refused"

Advertisement

What I think he means Capricorn is that on May 9th, T-Mobile added the capability to access T-Zones and send MMS messages from a Blackberry without having to have a blackberry plan. If they have the 8100 on your account it should have been added automatically, if not, then you will have to call up customer care and ask them to add it. It costs you nothing extra unless you purchase something from T-Zones or send or recieve an MMS.

Zo.

capricornkid82 no está en línea Stack level 1

amigotek. yea i have it added. he said that the messege is removed tho and its not the case for me. lol i get annoyed by lil things like that messege

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

capricorn, did you turn off data services.
    that should make the message go away.
    followed by the batt pull
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

if i turn off data services then i lose my mms. and the battery pull unfortunately doesnt work. i think im stuck with the messege on the screen as long as i dont have a data plan

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

yes i think you are sorry. perhaps with the new service they added tmo may have a fix for this.
    gonna send a pm to a buddy at tmo and see what he says. prob wont hear back til tommorrow. let you know when I do!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

love the help... thanx!

MannyC525 no está en línea Stack level 2

If you have the BB Feature Enabler in your plan, you may want to try this and see if this may work:

1. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table
    2. Press the BB Icon and select Register Now
    3. Wait a few minutes and you should get a message saying that your Blackberry is registered to the network.
    4. Afterwards, do a battery pull and reset your device.

hey thanx for all the help. i ended up calling tmobile and im not sure what they did on their end but everything works great. I get the "EDGE" and no more "data connection refused" messege. my mms and IM by oz works now without a prob.

oscarx no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rym20
    has anyone tried my instructions on removing the "data connection refused" on an 8800 blackberry if so please let me know
    Hi, yes I tried it and it worked, it removed the message. But what I would really like is to be able to use my carriers data services instead of the BB, is there any way to overide this?

quickie no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been having a problem with my Blackberry 8100, after reading this article, I turned off Data Services, and reset my phone via battery pull, and it reset to the default 'Cellular One' text at the top of the screen. Currently I do not have the Blackberry service set up on my phone, my carrier provides it, and I will hook it up once I do get service back.

My question is, after a while prior to my reading this forum, the top of my screen would display 'Data Connection Refused,' when I read that text, I knew it was fine to use my phone. Over the course of the day (or two days at a time) it would revert to the default 'Cellular One' text. When it said Cellular One, I had a problem connecting to make a call, and sometimes, about 50% of the time, I could not use the number pad. When I would try to call I would get a funky tone, the one you would get if you dialed a wrong number. Any reason for this to happen, and if you know, do I have to worry about it anymore since I turned off Data Services?

Thanks for any replies.

Awakenings7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: How to remove "data connection refused"

Quote Originally Posted by rym20
    has anyone tried my instructions on removing the "data connection refused" on an 8800 blackberry if so please let me know
    Yes, thank you for your input! The only difference was where to make the tweak.

Settings
    Options
    Mobile Network
    Data Services = Off
    Turn device off/on.

bmw_m6 no está en línea Stack level 1

i put my data services off, now when ever i want to recieve a text messge, the indicator, i mean the Led, flashes, and the new text messge icon appears for about 2 seconds, but then it disappears, and i dont see the new messege in my folder, i am a big texter, i need help.

pekokpol no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I had the same problem and already solved it.

I don't have BB data plan and don't want to use it. "Data connection refused" showed up, calls and text message was perfect.

What I did to solve it was:
    1) Wipe the data
    2) Remove the IT policy, go to this page:
    www(dot)blackberryforums(dot)com/rim-software/67224-remove-policy(dot)html
    comment: replace (dot) with .

My pearl is no longer showing the irritating "Data Connection refused".

Hope this helps.

asnider123 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rym20 View Post
    on the blackberry pearl you can actually remove the "data connection refused" on the device. I dont know if it will work for the 8800 but its worth a try.
    here are the steps:

go to

1. applications
    2. options
    3.network
    4.there is an option that says- Turn Data Services and click Off
    5.click save
    6.go back to main menu
    7.turn the wireless off and then turn it back on and it should have been removed
    Works great on the 7130c as well, thanks for the info!

tommyserpas no está en línea Stack level 1

Question data connection refused

i just bought a bb pearl from a friend and put my sim card in it, and i tried sending ringtones from my old phone to it and it accepts but when i press save it says failed. and it says data connection refused. how do i get rid of that and make it possible to save ringtones?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast