[sigh] I've been traversing the forums, on the phone with T-Mobile, chasing down the BES ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

murphtron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E57D67

How to release BB from BES and BIS?

Advertisement

[sigh]

I've been traversing the forums, on the phone with T-Mobile, chasing down the BES admin at my former company... I've put hours into this.

My story...

I have a BB Pearl I bought from T-Mobile. It was connected to my corporate BES, and the phone number was transferred to the same company, so I no longer own the T-mobile account. I also had BIS setup with T-Mobile for personal email.

I left the company and called T-Mobile who unlocked my Pearl. Very nice of them.

I now have personal service with ATT and my new company doesn't have BES, but BIS is fine as we use Google for email. I tried to setup BIS with ATT, but no go. The BB PIN is already associated with T-Mobile BIS and, possibly, the former corporate BES.

I call T-Mobile and ask them to release the BB. They cannot as I do not have the password for the account. No surprise as it's a corporate account. I email the former corporate BES admin. He claims he's released my phone now from BES. I still cannot setup BIS via ATT. On the ATT BIS site I used the function to send me my pword. I swapped in the corporate T-Mobile SIM card and received an email from BB with the password. The password is blank! I assume this is a security feature?

I guess the only thing I haven't tried is calling BB.

Bottom line: How can I free my BB? I have a BB paperweight. I haven't yet signed up for a data plan with ATT until I get this thing released.

Thanks very much.

charmed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7A06F63C

Re: How to release BB from BES and BIS?

when u had ur t mobile acc. did u ever sign up for the mytmobile website to view ur bill and stuff like that, under that website if u ever registered u r abl to log in directly to the balckberry internet service and then u can delete the integrated e mail acounts, that way u can set up ur data plan with att

PIN/ID
    23E57D67

Quote Originally Posted by charmed
    when u had ur t mobile acc. did u ever sign up for the mytmobile website to view ur bill and stuff like that, under that website if u ever registered u r abl to log in directly to the balckberry internet service and then u can delete the integrated e mail acounts, that way u can set up ur data plan with att
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I can login to my.t-moble.com, but I have limited access now as it's a corporate account. I can go to the T-Mobile BIS setup page, but my only options are to setup a new email address, or setup a BB email address. There are no other options. I deleted my personal email address directly from the BB device using the wizard, I didn't use my.t-mobile.com to delete the account. Similarly, when I setup T-Mobile BIS, I used the wizard on my Pearl, I didn't use the web interface.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by murphtron
    I call T-Mobile and ask them to release the BB. They cannot as I do not have the password for the account. No surprise as it's a corporate account. I email the former corporate BES admin. He claims he's released my phone now from BES.
    BES and BIS are two separate things. Deleting your BES account has nothing to do with deleting the BIS account. You need to have the latter done somehow by TMO or you won't be able to register the BB with any BIS as you've already discovered.

I'd also recommend a device wipe or at least deleting all service books on the BB.

Quote Originally Posted by murphtron
    I guess the only thing I haven't tried is calling BB.
    You can't call RIM directly. Calls have to be escalated to them via your carrier.

Good luck -- this is extremely difficult to do in situations such as yours. Your best bet is to contact whoever handles the wireless accounts for your former employer and have that person call TMO support to have your BIS account deleted.

If your former BES admin has some dead BB's lying around and will give you the PIN from one of them you can transfer your old BIS account to the dead BB to free up your BB.
    Last edited by takeshi; 06-21-2007 at 11:36 AM.

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Good afternoon all,

The best way to get this done is through the company, the BES Admin can remove the profile from the BES and that should release the PIN, they can also issue a kill command that will erase all of the user's data, this is a security feature on the BES.

PIN/ID
    23E57D67

OK, well after many emails and phone messages, it appears as if the BES admin at my former company called T-mobile and killed my BIS account. When I go to AT&T's BIS setup page it no longer tells me the BB PIN is already in use. Yeah!

Unfortunately, for some reason the AT&T BIS site will not validate any password I enter, even though they are all between 6 and 16 characters. Perhaps this is an innaccurate error message, but still correct from a process perspective as I do not have a BB data plan yet. I've been reluctant to order a data plan only because I'm not 100% confident my BB will work.

Should I just wipe my BB and install the AT&T BB Pearl image? Will this help any future setup issues I have not encountered yet?

Cheers!

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

I think that you'll need a BB data plan before RIM will allow you to create a BIS account

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A

No, you can create a BIS account before you have the data plan. I did.

I did, however, have a password issue like you describe. I was trying to setup my BIS account with Safari on my Mac. The BIS web site was not playing nice. I used FireFox on a Windows box and it signed me up no problem. So try a different web browser.
    -T