I just bought second hand Blackberry 8800 from a friend, tried to register it with ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

tianz no está en línea Stack level 1

How to check PIN and Imei status ??

Advertisement

I just bought second hand Blackberry 8800 from a friend, tried to register it with Blackberry service on my local operator.

But, when I register it with my choice of operator said, that my Pin and Imei still registered with other operator.

I have tried to contact original operator of my blackberry, which is CSL Hongkong, and they said that It will be released in short time.

Today, I've tried again, but still no luck. But when I registered with other local operator, it comes trough ?

So, which one is correct ? is there any way that I can check that my Pin and Imei has been released ?

BTW, I used indosat.blackberry.com -> no good
    if I use telkomsel.blackberry.com -> good,

PS: this BB brought straight from Macau, never been registered with any local operator. and BIS account has been canceled since may 2008, Using 4.2, and been wiped already

Thank you

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Is your device up and running on your carrier? If it is, you're good to go.

Your carrier won't be able to start your service while the PIN is held by another.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    with my chosen carrier, no.

There are 3 different operator in my country that offer bb service, I have tried to register in each of their bb service, but only one who can accept my pin and imei, and the other two says that my pin and imei still registered with other operator.
    And the one that I'd like to register with is the one who does not accept my pin.

So, which one is correct ?

How do I surely know that my pin has been completely released ?

Do I have to activated bis account first ?

I'm new in bb, cause bb crippled without bis (browser ok, need Im and email). And I'd like to try prepaid bb service here.

Thank you

Today, finally (I supposed) my bb old carrier released my pin, when I point my browser to indosat.blackberry.net, it accept my pin and imei ( page shows that I need to add new email accout).

So, I stop there, activate my bis account, got uppercase GSM/GPRS, received many service book and all.

But when trying to add email in indosat.blackberry.com, it says that an account already exist with this PIN"

So, I do really need opinion regarding my problem from anyone here, esspecially BIS expert.

What should I do next ? It's getting annoying !

"An account already exists for this PIN"
    It means that operator has already have email account on their database with specific bb imei and PIN, right ?

And if supposedly, I try to register with another carrier, it will show this error, right ?

"This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider."

BTW, what's the difference from two error above ?

In my case, If I tried to register to 3 different local operator, all said "An account already exists for this PIN", but if I tried to register with out of asian region operator (tmo, etc) i get "This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider"

so, what happen to my pin and imei ?

PS: my blackberry are NOT stolen bb, I do have all the box, acc. and cancelation form from existing customer !

Please help ?

It's Solved, Thank you for reading
    Last edited by tianz; 08-12-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: add info

lemthatsme no está en línea Stack level 1
    How did you solve ur problem?

croco28 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So How do you resolve this? I also have similar problem. Bought new bb phone overseas and tried to register in BIS locally. I couldn't get to register on the first local provider. However, when I tried on different local provider, it let me register the pin and imei. Any help is appreciated. Thx

sabater no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205d6f86
    call rim, they will tell you

virtue no está en línea Stack level 1
    so anyone here has RIM customer service number?
    can give it out here?

thanks

jllabrador no está en línea Stack level 1

The Same Problem

Hi, i have the same problem wiht my blackberry. the device is it associated with csl service provider.

How do you solve the problem?

What email to communicate with them solve the problem? What documents you called for the pin disassociated from its database?

thanks

didithlydia no está en línea Stack level 1
    can anyone tell me how to check my PIN status..? i just bought my blackberry curve 8310 in china, and going to activate the BIS back home in indonesia.. so i want to make sure that the PIN is not suspended before i go home.. is there any way to check it online or however..?
    and btw im newbie in blackberry thing, o im tottaly lost..
    please i need help.. thx for all..

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Did you buy it privately or from a vendor?
    If you know the prev owner have them call the service provider they had and release the pin.
    I thought there was a site to check, but if there is I can't find it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

andriasl no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey guys i need urgent help here too!

this is my problem:

when i first bought my Bold 9000 I was able to sign up for the XL Blackberry One BIS. then I went overseas for a few months and then my SIM card expired.

So I just bought a new SIM card and hence a new number today. Tried activating my old XL Blackberry One account but couldn't get it to work...

what should I do?

Thanks guys in advance.

thaedoya no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well i change my sim because it has some defects. I am using VOxcall but when i use that former sim, it cant connect to anybody.

Hattie Strickler,
    International Call
    VoxCall

thaedoya no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry, double post