I received an email from ATT telling me that my email has been changed from ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

how to change my BB address?

Advertisement

I received an email from ATT telling me that my email has been changed from the name@mycingular.blackberry.net to name@att.blackberry.net. That is fine. But when I go to compose a new email, it still uses the mycingular old version. I have tried resets & even logging into my BIS acct (which shows the new address). How do I change it on my 8820?

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: how to change my BB address?

You might need to reload your service books thru the host routing table in the advanced menu to make the changes take place. You can also go to http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular and log into your BIS account and send the service books that way.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbryadict View Post
    You might need to reload your service books thru the host routing table in the advanced menu to make the changes take place. You can also go to http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular and log into your BIS account and send the service books that way.
    That worked!!!!!!!! Thank you so very much blkbryadict!!

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by blkbryadict View Post
    Hmm, odd I just tried this and the email is still not updating. Do I need to do anything else besides resend the service books? Sending emails the the att.blackberry.net does send the emails.
    Last edited by jjames42; 11-05-2007 at 05:17 PM.

It worked for me & I don't understand why it doesn't for you. A couple days later after I did it myself manually, ATT must have pushed out the service books as I received all new activation emails. I know I didn't do it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

It took abouit 24 hours for the change to occur. I received a message this morning stating that my address has been changed.

Thanks for the help.