Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello mates: Good nite, i was wondering if anyone can do something or give some ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

cmartinez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202F6B2A

How to sync BB if my companys blocked Blackberry Users

Advertisement

Hello mates:

Good nite, i was wondering if anyone can do something or give some tips on how to receive emails from my companys email server cause the bastards blocked the usage for Blackberrys in the company so i can not longer receive emails, its there a way anyone knows to receive my emails again?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cesar Martinez

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: How to sync BB if my companys blocked Blackberry Users

Can you forward your work email to the BB.

I am going to guess if they blocked access it should be impossible to do. And might get you fired if you did or if you try.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cmartinez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202F6B2A

My company blocked BB

Hello:

The software guys put a ban on blackberrys at work, so i can no longer receive push emails to my blackberry cause the say is not safe bla blah, does anyone know how can I still get my emails push, a way to get the unblock from my company server, we do have OWA and exchange server, so any tips or help would be appreciated at this moment.

Thanks Cesar Martinez

elevenminute no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204dg966

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my company (tmobile...go figure) makes it extremely hard to get on the bes so I went workaround to the exchange server setup in internet email setup ...see
    if that works

wildeagle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205AA9A9

You could always set up a rule in outlook to autoforward all emails received to your blackberry's email address when a new email comes in.

MREY74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    314CA548

How bout if we use Lotus Notes and they have oddly restricted service to the berry only for certain folks

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wait, I am reading two different things here:

#1 - company issued BB on BES which has restricted the use of BIS with the device.

#2 - personal BB, and the company has restricted access to external clients.

Possible solutions for both: forwarding (if possible).

Unfortunately though, if your company has blocked either, it's likely best to NOT knowingly break a company policy. Could cause more trouble than it is worth, and over email use? Not something I would want to lose my job over!

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im not 100% sure if its possible the way you described it, but I would think if the e-mail is accessed through Outlook or Exchange then you could do it that way. Considering that there is a specific company restriction about BBs, I do agree that this could possibly jeopardize your job and e-mail access is certainly not worth that. Good luck.

cookie91398 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2082C541

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~was the block set to the phone or the phone number. If you get a differenet sim card and number, it might work that way. Although you would have to keep switching from work to personal.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

cmartinez, Welcome to PinStack

I have a feeling that this has more to do with blocking Autoforwarding from the exchange server and limiting access to the server from outside the network rather than blocking access to Blackberrys. They do this to prevent Company Proprietary data from accidently being allowed to go to a non company network. It's called Protection of Intellectual Property and is very important.

I have a personal BB and know that I won't have access to my company email because this is the way our system is set up. I don't even try, I value my job.

As stated in previous posts, attempts to sidestep company policy concerning their network and propriatary information is usually subject to disiplinary action up to and including termination of employment.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cmartinez, I didn't even ask my company, I just went on my VZW BIS & set my email up there so when I'm oncall I have it pushed to my BB & when I'm not oncall I don't. I'm no IT pro so I trust no intellectual prop isn't at risk. In fact I'm going to ask to be sure.

PIN/ID
    314CA548

see here our deal is weird we're financial advisors and we have franchise and employee advisors and apparantely if you're franchise no prob if you're an employee you have to be a district manager which is a bit retarded since most employees are actually just utilizing this time to manage their practices prior to going franchise so it's just wierd when you only have like 5 managers in an office and therefore yes email is that important to those of us that not only work here but in other states as well spending alot of travel time sorry i just get annoyed because for some email is extemely important since their are issues around response time on financial transactions which your admin can't make for you since they don't have the licensing sorry for the rant just having a rough week but oh well there ya gohave a happy weekend

PIN/ID
    314CA548

hm must've been a weird situation no one's replied

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Replied to what? There are like a dozen replies to this thread.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

MREY74, I just thought you were ranting at you IT department policy.

What question were you asking?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast