Hi Everyone, I've had an 8830 for about 2 months now with internet and BES ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

dead_eye no está en línea Stack level 1

How does BES affect my BB internet access?

Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

I've had an 8830 for about 2 months now with internet and BES integration with our exchange server. I could open up the BB browser and go to any public internet website, no problem.

However just yesterday i fired up my BB browser and found that my 'internet' access had somehow been switched over to our corporate INTRANET. When I attempted to access a public web page I was prompted for our company proxy ID and password.

You may suspect that my proxy ID and password was saved before, however that is not the case because I don't have/need a proxy ID (benefits of being the computer guy).

So I guess my question is how the heck did this happen? Is the BB internet service routing through our BES onto our corp LAN? Is this something our BES admins would have done, or my provider (Sprint)?

Who do you think could un-do it?

Thanks,
    -DE

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    It really depends on which Browser you use. If you are activated on a BES, using "Browser" will be routed through your BES. If you use "WAP Browser" it will be routed using your carrier. This was probably a change made by your BES Admin.

dead_eye no está en línea Stack level 1
    KieranWest, I think you may have figgured it out! Thanks!!!

(I have an 8830) In Browser Options > General Options > Default Browser: the value was "BlackBerry Browser". With this setting I was stuck on our company INTRAnet.

I changed the value to "Internet Browser" and I appear to be back on the public internet!

Thanks,
    -DE