I was wondering if there is a way to view the normal format of an ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

gkatmar no está en línea Stack level 2

How do view normal email format on BB?

Advertisement

I was wondering if there is a way to view the normal format of an email like you would see it in outlook or your regular email on you computer. When I receive an email on my BB it has all the html stuff in it. Thanks

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: How do view normal email format on BB?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

"Normal" format for any email is plain text.

When you receive email in html, Outlook (or whatever client you are using) will render the html.

However, BlackBerry does not support html email, not even rich text email...yet.

You will have to request plain text emails from senders, or ignore the html tags.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

yea most sites you hit and want info from will give you the html or plain text option..... choose plain text.. Incredimail offers the option of html or plain text when sending or receiving emails....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

"Normal" format for any email is plain text.

When you receive email in html, Outlook (or whatever client you are using) will render the html.

However, BlackBerry does not support html email, not even rich text email...yet.

You will have to request plain text emails from senders, or ignore the html tags.

Greetings

Thats right, RIM servers strip out all HTML tags that are sent in emails to BB. But there is still enough information in the email to reconstruct a lot of the html stuff..

I and our team are working on an HTML Email viewer for Blackberry that will let you see mails sent to you in HTML format (minus whatever the RIM servers strip out). Its a work in progress, and new features are being added everyday. I will like to invite you for a free beta of the app. Just head on and grab a free copy from -

www.getEmpower.com

Also, I will love to listen to your feedback and feature suggestions etc. Pls feel free to drop by at this thread -

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._your_way.html

Thanks.
    - Ani.