This is a convoluted question, I know... I use Sprint (if that matters). I have ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

geekygURL no está en línea Stack level 2

Question How do I lessen SPAM on my Blackberry email account?

Advertisement

This is a convoluted question, I know...

I use Sprint (if that matters).

I have a personal email address that I ended up having to forward to a Blackberry email address (long story, which I've written about previously).

In my Outlook account (mapped to my personal email address at my own domain name) I have SPAM filters set up and they do a good job of getting rid of stuff for me. However, that SPAM filter has no affect on my sprint.blackberry.net, so I am getting ALL of the SPAM on my handheld.

I hope this question made sense to somebody. ;-)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Does the SPAM filter "mark" the e-mails at all? In other words, when I receive a spam e-mail it goes into my Junk folder with **SPAM** in the subject line. I set up a filter on that account in BIS to not forward those e-mails to my device. Would something like that work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Does the SPAM filter "mark" the e-mails at all? In other words, when I receive a spam e-mail it goes into my Junk folder with **SPAM** in the subject line. I set up a filter on that account in BIS to not forward those e-mails to my device. Would something like that work for you?
    Hmmm. it might. Some SPAM does get marked (that which my McAfee filter catches), but some does not. Heck, it would be an improvement at any rate. How do I set up a filter in my BIS account? Is this done on my phone or on the web (please send link if needed).

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by geekygURL View Post
    Hmmm. it might. Some SPAM does get marked (that which my McAfee filter catches), but some does not. Heck, it would be an improvement at any rate. How do I set up a filter in my BIS account? Is this done on my phone or on the web (please send link if needed).

Thanks,
    You go here to set up your BIS account and add filters.

You'll want to create a filter for the account in which you're receiving the SPAM.

Can't get the page to post here, so I'll type through the instructions.

Apply the filter when the Subject Field contains **SPAM** or whatever your anti-spam assigns to it, then select the option "Do not forward messages to device".

Hope this helps!

Roger
    Last edited by RogerG; 09-12-2008 at 04:18 PM.

THANK YOU Roger! I'd never seen that before. I set it up for
    [SPAM]

Terrific!

Pesky l'il bastids, those spammers are, aren't they?

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    Stop giving BangBus your email account. Just kidding

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can also try our Antair BlackBerry Spam Filter: http://www.antair.com
    Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.
    www.antair.com

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have all email in my public email account in my domain forwarded to a gmail account, which has very effective and accurate filters. From there, gmail forwards it to a unpublished email account in my domain that outlook checks and also to my BIS account.

Works like a charm.

moftseo no está en línea Stack level 1
    [FONT=Times New Roman]BlackBerry Accessories Shop – Fommy.co.uk is one stop shop for BlackBerry Accessories like Antenna/Signal Booster, Batteries, Cables, Car Kit, Cases-Form Fit/Skins, Cases-Hard/Metal, Cases-Holsters, and Cradles. Browse Fommy.co.uk for more detail.[/FONT]