Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I purchased the T-Mobile Blackberry 7100t on E-bay. Inserted my SIM card and can make ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mwillia2 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I setup on my Browser on Blackberry 7100t?

Advertisement

I purchased the T-Mobile Blackberry 7100t on E-bay. Inserted my SIM card and can make calls and everything; except - find the browser. I suscribe with Cingular MediaNet, registered the blackberry with Cingular and everything - still no internet. Can someone help?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: How do I setup on my Browser on Blackberry 7100t?

Make sure that Cingular gave you a BB equipped SIM card and that you subscribed for the Blackberry Internet Service, and not the Cingular Data Web service. Call them, make sure, then they will push the service books to your device and wallah! You will have an internet browser icon.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

By the way, tell them to drop that MediaNet add on, because it's pretty much useless on your device. You need BIS. Can't believe customer service didn't realize that, actually, yes I can...

Tell them to drop the MediaNet service, add Blackberry Internet Service and push the service books to your device.

And when you call Cingular, when they do the voice prompts, just say "blackberry" and get past the lower level regular CSR reps who hooked you up on the wrong service to begin with.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi mwillia2, welcome to pinstack. After what N8 said there isnt much left, good luck.

hexcr03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24238CA7

i think you just need to register it on the network from the browser settings.. it happens sometimes when you use a new sim.. once you register it comes back!!

Thanks guys; but have another problem; called Cingular and gave them the imei number and pin number. They said that T-mobile had not released the pin number and i need to get them to release it so Cingular could activate it. I tried the instruction from another thread where it told me to select tools, setup, sim card which I did but nowhere to type the mmp..? Can u help with that?

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah if it has not released its self t-mobile will have to do it but usually cingular will have to call u can try but they may say no without cingular because of legal reasons
    Welcome to my World!

Quote Originally Posted by hexcr03
    i think you just need to register it on the network from the browser settings.. it happens sometimes when you use a new sim.. once you register it comes back!!
    I did register it with Cingular.

PIN/ID
    24238CA7

No you have to go into the advanced options, then host routing table.. at that point you press the track thing one time and select, "register now",... then it says something like "registration sent".. and BOOM BANG WAM POW... your browser is available! let me know if you have any probs...!

Good idea; i'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by hexcr03
    No you have to go into the advanced options, then host routing table.. at that point you press the track thing one time and select, "register now",... then it says something like "registration sent".. and BOOM BANG WAM POW... your browser is available! let me know if you have any probs...!

Told me that registration message queued; will be sent oce data coverage is available. sucks.

PIN/ID
    24238CA7

wow that does suck.... can your blackberry life get any worse?!? well hopefully once it sends the registration you will be good to go... the one thing that i did before i knew to do the service books, which i dont know if you should try.... is to fully wipe the handheld... i would backup your blackberry... then once you are fully wiped on the handheld go to restore but instead of doing a full restore, just click on advanced, from there just restore the things you need... such as address book, call logs, messages... that way it will be all new, except for the things you need..... its worth a shot, and its a pretty good fix...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mwillia2,

Were you ever able to enter your PIN and IMEI successfully in your BIS Account information. Until you are able to do that you will not be able to register successfully. Buying BB's on eBay is problematic. You may have to contact the original seller to get the BB released from TMO.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by mwillia2
    I purchased the T-Mobile Blackberry 7100t on E-bay. Inserted my SIM card and can make calls and everything; except - find the browser. I suscribe with Cingular MediaNet, registered the blackberry with Cingular and everything - still no internet. Can someone help?
    From the help i received from this post, my BB is now doing everything great. When I called Cingular for the second time I talked to someone who really knew what he was doing; so I had to get the bb data package.

So, don't go with the first technician you get, at least try again and sooner or later you'll get to talk to someone more knowledgeable.

Thanks a lot Pinstack.

You are exactly right. Thank you SO MUCH!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast