I wonder if I'm overlooking somthing simple..... Is it possible to send an email so ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

metro350 no está en línea Stack level 2

How do I send emails to addresses NOT in my contacts?

Advertisement

I wonder if I'm overlooking somthing simple.....
    Is it possible to send an email so an email address that is not in my contacts?
    When I compose an email, and try to type in an address, my BB only searches contacts that I already have.
    I use a BB Pearl on the Rogers network in Canada.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas!
    metro

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, it is possible. The device will attempt to fill in an already existing address, but if it ultimately fails in finding that address, simply complete the entire address you were typing in and compose your e-mail.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yes it is possible, after you type in an email address just press the "Return" key.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you go to the messages section open that. Click the menu/ blackberry key. Select compose email. A new window should pop up with an email form. In the "to" section type the address of the recipient in that field. There will be a drop down @ this point in case it recognized your contact lsit. Just keep filling in tjhr field till you have successfully entered the email add. Sometimes it is easier to tke the suretype feature off while entering wierd names and addresses. To do that while in the to field push the menu/ blackberry key and select "enable multitap". To switch it back the same procedure except now select "enable suretype". Hope this helps. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

metro350 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for all the quick responses!
    I just assumed when the BB started to list my contacts that started with the letters I was entering, I didn't have a choice.
    But, yes if I keep entering text, eventually I will only have the desired address displayed!
    Problem solved
    metro happy!

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Good things! let us know if we can help again. Regards cHAd~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~