Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

...when I switch carriers? I just finally got BIS set up on my AT&T account ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

How Do I Get Email On My 8120...

Advertisement

...when I switch carriers?

I just finally got BIS set up on my AT&T account and I'm using an unlocked Tmobile 8120. When going to Personal Email Set Up, a message comes up that says:

"New Users
    You need to create an account to begin sending and receiving email on your Blackberry device. Please ensure that your device is connected to the wireless network..." Yada Yada

Scroll a little bit down it says "Existing Users" and asks for a login and password.

So I figure I have a new network, I'm a new user, so I do the first option which takes me to terms and conditions and the next page says "An account already exists for this PIN, Please try again."

The Existing Users section asks for a login and password.

All I want is a @att.blackberry.net address, so how do I get that?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Justyn,

I'm confused. In your first paragraph you say you "finally got BIS set up on my AT&T account", but then a little further on you say you "have a new network, I'm a new user", etc.

Why wouldn't you just choose the "existing users" option? Use the same login and password you created on the BIS account.

Roger

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    is this 8120 a brand new phone? or used.

it's possible that the preivous owner of the phone didn't release the PIN on their BIS.
    I know I had to do this when I sold my phone. I forgot that when I got my curve I made a new BIS and once (right after I sold my pearl) I tried logging in (using the old password for the pearl BIS) adn it got me to the OLD BIS account with the pearl's pin.
    there was an option in there to like cancel or close account, damn I can't remember but it like released that pin from the account I created so the new owner could create their own.

did that make sense? I guess if it is a new phone though that wouldn't matter.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    is this 8120 a brand new phone? or used.

it's possible that the preivous owner of the phone didn't release the PIN on their BIS.
    I know I had to do this when I sold my phone. I forgot that when I got my curve I made a new BIS and once (right after I sold my pearl) I tried logging in (using the old password for the pearl BIS) adn it got me to the OLD BIS account with the pearl's pin.
    there was an option in there to like cancel or close account, damn I can't remember but it like released that pin from the account I created so the new owner could create their own.

did that make sense? I guess if it is a new phone though that wouldn't matter.
    no that's the thing, I'm the previous owner and I used it for Tmobile, but now I put the BIS on my AT&T account and ended my Tmo account (remember my SIM wasn't working?), and now I'm still getting my TMobile BIS emails sent. How do you release the PIN?

Can you still get into your TMO BIS account? If so, go in there and clear the PIN and IMEI fields and delete all the e-mail accounts.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Can you still get into your TMO BIS account? If so, go in there and clear the PIN and IMEI fields and delete all the e-mail accounts.
    Not from my device, but I can do it online

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Online it only allows me access to change to the email accounts only, I don't see anything with my IMEI or PIN.

It's all new to me, I've never switched carriers before, I feel like a New-b right now

Is there no option to "Change Device" in there? If not, you'll have to call TMO and have them release the PIN.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Yeah the Option's there, but it requiers putting in a new PIN and a new IMEI. Do I need to put in actual numbers if I go that way, or can I put in bogus numbers?

This is your TMO account, correct? Are your PIN and IMEI numbers in there? If so, remove them, delete your e-mail accounts and save the settings, then try establishing your AT&T account again.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Yes its my TMO account. My PIN is there but not my IMEI. I tried deleting the IMEI and PIN and it won't allow me to save, I'll try to delete the Email Accounts first and see if that works.

You'll probably have to call TMO and have them release the PIN or cancel the BIS account.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    YEah I tried deleting the email accounts first, then deleting the PIN. That didn't work. So I guess I would have to call on my lunch to get the PIN released...

Yessir, I'm afraid that's the only way to get the PIN released. Hey, at least you didn't buy the device from somebody else and have to rely on THEM to get it done!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Yessir, I'm afraid that's the only way to get the PIN released. Hey, at least you didn't buy the device from somebody else and have to rely on THEM to get it done!

freakin A!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast