A friend tells me that this is possible, but I can't work out how to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

caroldavies no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I forward my hotmail emails to my Blackberry...?

Advertisement

A friend tells me that this is possible, but I can't work out how to do it! If any of you know, please can you tell me. Many thanks.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: How do I forward my hotmail emails to my Blackberry...?

caroldavies welcome to the stacks

some of the carriers actually allow hotmail to be pushed to your bb thru your BIS account. have you tried to set it up that way yet? if you have, and it doesn't work, then i am afraid you would need to probably purchase the hotmail premium (only going on what others have reported, as mine works wonderfully )

alternatively, the only option would be to log in to your hotmail account, from the blackberry browser.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

who is your carrier? you can use this link to find out how to log into your bis account to set up email addresses: Links to Carrier BIS Login Pages.

chel_in_il no está en línea Stack level 1

The preferred way to get email is to access the account using BIS.

BIS works with Hotmail users that either have the Plus version of Hotmail, or older users of Hotmail who have grandfathered accounts (which is what I have).

If you Hotmail is POP3-enabled, you use the e-mail setup wizard on the Blackberry to pull mail from Hotmail. You'd enter your hotmail address and password, just as you would when you login to the Hotmail site.

If that doesn't work, then you need the Hotmail Plus account.

If you want to forward your messages from Hotmail, you need to turn on forwarding option. By default, this is not enabled. If you are using the "Live" version of Hotmail, here's how to do it:

Enable the forwarding feature:

1. In the upper-right corner of the Windows Live Hotmail home page, click Options.
    2. Under Manage your account, click Forward mail to another e-mail account.
    3. On the Forwarding page, click Forward your mail to another e-mail address.
    4. In the address field, enter the e-mail address where you want to forward your e-mail to, and then click Save.
    5. Sign in to the e-mail account that you want to forward your e-mail to, open the e-mail message that asks you to verify your account, and then follow the instructions.

Change the email address where email will be forwarded to:

1. In the upper-right corner of the Windows Live Hotmail home page, click Options.
    2. Under Manage your account, click Forward mail to another e-mail account.
    3. On the Forwarding page, select the address that you want to change, click Remove.
    4. In the address field, enter the new e-mail address where you want to forward your e-mail to, and then click Save.
    5. Sign in to the e-mail account that you want to forward your e-mail to, open the e-mail message that asks you to verify your account, and then follow the instructions.

Michelle in Northern IL