hello, this forum has helped me in the past. thank you for helping. I have ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

oliver123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question how do I delete email account and set up new one

Advertisement

hello, this forum has helped me in the past. thank you for helping.

I have a used blackberry 8800 that I bought on ebay. I now have a black berry data plan and I am getting old owners email. how do I delete the account?

then how do I set up my own email accounts?

I can not find the email set up icon on the desktop/main menu. I have shown all, but it seems that the icon was either deleted by old owner or it does not exist for me.

I cannot create my account on the web because when I put in the pin #, the website tells me the account already exists. Please help.

thank you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    You need to contact your provider and have them delete that pin from the previous webclient account. To remove the email you can even go into service books and delete the one from that email address.

thank you. where are the service books and where can I find them? if my provider can not delete the pin from the previous web client, is there anything else I can do?
    thanks again.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Go to options/advanced options servicebooks and scroll down to the email address and then highlight it hit menu and then delete. Do the same for all of them on there. If you want to add your own email, I would go to the carrier website and see if you can resend your service books from their site and set up email accounts. If not, then call your carrier to do it for you.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 05-15-2008 at 03:56 AM.

You can wipe your handheld clean like if you got it new from the box. Go to options/security options/hit menu and then click wipe handheld.
    You still need to have the service books from your carrier sent to your phone and your browser set up and you would need to register it like I said from the host routing table menu.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    You need to contact the seller and ask them to release the PIN from their account. (Basically ask them to cancel their account)

Until they do that you will not be able to setup your Email.

EDIT: Wiping the blackberry should be a last resort...also wiping it will not release the PIN from the BIS servers, only the previous owner can do that.

yes, thats right, thanks reddog, I forgot to mention about the pin part.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    You can wipe your handheld clean like if you got it new from the box. Go to options/security options/hit menu and then click wipe handheld.
    You still need to have the service books from your carrier sent to your phone and your browser set up and you would need to register it like I said from the host routing table menu.
    How do you get your service books from your carrier sent to your phone? Call the carrier?

And what are the service books anyways?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    How do you get your service books from your carrier sent to your phone? Call the carrier?

And what are the service books anyways?
    You need a data plan to access your service books. If you have a data plan it is contained in your Email Setup in your BIS account.

TMO customers can find a link in there TMO accounts and AT&T customers have a BIS login page.

I sent you a pm a couple of weeks ago about how to set it up from TMO, do you still have it?

thanks. I am in the service books area and there is nothing about eamil there. I see a lot of things there, but nothing to do with email. ippp,, bbf52, wap2, wap push config, etc. Also the person I bought it from I don't think is the owner. he is a power seller on Ebay. Still need help thanks

Caii no está en línea Stack level 2
    same i need help with this also...
    lovin thee` 8330