Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a hotmail account that was created in 1998 however, when I set it ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

brownpappa no está en línea Stack level 1

Hotmail Question

Advertisement

I have a hotmail account that was created in 1998 however, when I set it up through the BIS it still doesn't work. None of my emails get to my phone. I thought an account created before 2000 would work? Any suggestions? Thanks!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Hotmail Question

make a gmail account and forward it there

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

contrary to urban legend... there is NO date for which hotmail accounts are grandfathered in, whether the account is 10 days old or 10 years old, it must be upgraded to a premium account to receive emails via push technology

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by rw5579 View Post
    contrary to urban legend... there is NO date for which hotmail accounts are grandfathered in, whether the account is 10 days old or 10 years old, it must be upgraded to a premium account to receive emails via push technology
    Not true, I have not upgraded my hotmail account and get my emails through BIS. I created the hotmail account in the 90s.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

gott agree with the above post
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I think its just with certain accounts. Some old accounts can and some can't. If you can't get your email pushed, they you have to upgrade your account. If you can get them pushed from hotmail consider yourself lucky.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

again there is not concrete date that grandfathers you in... ive seen people with old and new accounts that have gotten it to work without an upgrade, and seen many, many other who can not with out an upgraded account.

my hotmail account dates back to 1996, and every time i attempt to set up the email, i receive a prompt to upgrade.

have not seen anything official, from any confirmed source regarding a date for grandfathered accounts

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    make a gmail account and forward it there
    I did that too, and I aint lookin back! Gmail is awesome, especially now that I know how to use labels
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

I've only seen a few accounts that have worked. Very few and far between with no rhyme or reason.

Mine definitely did not work and it was a late 90's address. For a while I forwarded hotmail to gmail to my phone, then I just switched altogether and used the vacation auto response to announce my email change to gmail. I set the reply field to my new gmail address anytime I emailed or responded from hotmail which was helpful as well. So the switch turned out fairly painless compared to what I thought it was gonna be.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

brownpappa no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I have a gmail account and it works great but with so many contacts having the hotmail address I just wished it would have worked with the curve, hopefully hotmail gets there act together and this isnt an issue for much longer.

I was once like you

I hope it happens, I just couldn't wait any longer.

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Good thing I found this post, I to was wondering why my hotmail account was the only mail account not working for me. I am recently a new convert (from palm treo/sprint) and was excited for the fact to get my hotmail e-mails on my phone as everyone has that as a contact. I might try the forwarding though to gmail and see how that works out.

Thanks!

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

I've had my Hotmail coming through pop on Outlook, for a while. When Hotmail started charging, I was told that since I was a customer using pop for so long, I would not be charged for the upgrade. I am still using Hotmail on pop. I also have it on Incredimail.

chel_in_il no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had my Hotmail account since 2001. Back then, you were allowed to "POP-enable" your account, which would allow you to retrieve your email using an email client such as Outlook or Outlook Express. Once the Hotmail Plus pay service was introduced, those who already had their account POP-enabled were allowed to continue for no fee.

Michelle in Northern IL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast