Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have searched and searched for an email forwarding service for hotmail. I have two ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Hotmail on the go

Advertisement

I have searched and searched for an email forwarding service for hotmail. I have two hotmail accounts and my T-mobile BB. All I want is to have them work together. My email is for my business and it is a HTTP (hotmail) format. I recently switched to the live version of hotmail and now my forwarding service is not compatible. Someone please help.
    I want my email on my BB. I'm so fustrated. Is there a GOOD, FREE (or fair priced) alternative to get my hotmail on my blackberry in realtime....

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Hotmail on the go

I guess people still use Hotmail or have faith in M$? Ditch it if you can and take a good hard look at GMail from Google. If it's still beta you'll need someone to send you an invite. All around a much better solution.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: Hotmail on the go

You mite want to log-in to your account at T-Mobile, and try setting up BIS.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah. BIS is the way to set up hotmail. You shouldn't have to pay for it. I have my hotmail pushed to my berry.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Tmobile email set up isn't compatible with hotmail. Is there another way of setting up pushed email other thant through the tmobile site

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cherri just told you she gets her Hotmail pushed to her berry...ill try mine then tell you how it works

http://www.discoverblackberry.com/pe...y101/bis20.jsp

BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0 Setup Instructions

To configure email accounts directly from your BlackBerry device, make sure your device is connected to the wireless network and that you’re in an area of wireless coverage.
    1. Click Email Settings
    2. Click Create New Account
    3. Click Get Link
    4. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
    5. Fill in the required login information, including User ID, Password and Confirm Password
    6. Click Next

Learn more at the Technical Knowledge Center for BlackBerry Internet Service
    Copyright © 2006 Research In Motion Limited, unless otherwise noted.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by CoolFinalFan
    http://www.discoverblackberry.com/pe...y101/bis20.jsp

BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0 Setup Instructions

To configure email accounts directly from your BlackBerry device, make sure your device is connected to the wireless network and that you’re in an area of wireless coverage.
    1. Click Email Settings
    2. Click Create New Account
    3. Click Get Link
    4. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
    5. Fill in the required login information, including User ID, Password and Confirm Password
    6. Click Next

Learn more at the Technical Knowledge Center for BlackBerry Internet Service
    Copyright © 2006 Research In Motion Limited, unless otherwise noted.
    With T-Mobile BB plans hotmail (HTTP) is not supported. I can't configure set up through my device or through the site. The only supported services are POP and IMAP.

The same goes for Cingular, did u try setting it up? Also, maybe your best source for help would be to call customer service > 1-800-937-8997

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

The simplest solution is to NOT USE hotmail. It is inferior and proprietary.

Two words which equal useless.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

The simplest solution is to NOT USE hotmail. It is inferior and proprietary.

Two words which equal useless.
    maybe...if you are setting up new email. but if you have an established email addy that you have had for years and every one and their mother has it, then you might not want to change...

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

Hotmail works on my berry i added it last night and it started sending my email straight to it. Goodluck yall
    anyone who might need help and would like one on one just PM or pin me and i can surely help

DanDanInc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BF661
    Dang Nabbit I hate HOTMAIL! I am still working on the problem. I work for T-Mobile. I Installed the new Windows Live Email for Hotmail and it still hates me and doesn't want me to get my Hotmail on my dang phone.
    The Pearl is fantastic!
    Sincerely,
    Daniel A.
    RSR for T-Mobile in Nashua, NH
    ::deadmandan.com::
    ::rebornmafia.com::

lifeisgood no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi guys,

I am new to Pinstack and I just got my first Blackberry (Pearl 8100). I have manged to set it up pretty well and am happy with most of the features, but I am quite perturbed by the fact that my email accounts don't seem to be reconciling. For example, I get 20 emails during the day at work and sort or delete them until there are no unread messages. Then when I leave work, I have to delete the same 20 e-mails from my BB. Shouldn't this be done automatically....deletion on my desktop inbox should delete the e-mail on the BB as well??? I have read all the HELP topics on this and my wireless email reconciliation is turned on.

I am confused, can anyone help. Thanks.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Reconciliation on hotmail is currently only one-way. From handheld to hotmail only (not desktop to handheld). If you don't like that, take it up with Microsoft, your carrier, and RIM.

The one-way reconciliation works like this. Currently if you read a message on your handheld, and that read flag is propegated to hotmail. Currently if you delete a message from your handheld, that delete is propegated to hotmail. Anything you do at your desktop isn't reflected on the handheld. This is the limitation of one-way reconciliation! Microsoft, the carriers, and RIM may change this at some point in time, but that's currently how it works. This is also how reconciliation works for my cable company's Web-based email (one-way, from handheld only).

So far, the "better" web-based email services that are BlackBerry friendly are Yahoo and GMail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast