This is the message I get when attempting to access hotmail.com. I have no clue ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ryan6925 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3020C1EA

hotmail.com?

Advertisement

This is the message I get when attempting to access hotmail.com. I have no clue what it means. Any ideas?

The Microsoft service that you are attempting to access is not supported by the mobile browser you are using. The minimum browser requirement for this service is full WAP 2.0 support

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    MSN/Hotmail has always been an issue on BlackBerry. I've heard SOME people can get it to work, but 99% can't. Unless of course you subscribe to their premium MSN services.

So, my understanding, No can do.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have it on mine 8310 and don't have the premium service. After the last outage we had when they updated a bit I was able to get it on my phone. I've heard some say that it worked when they upgraded to 4.5 os but I had it before I upgraded.

Have you tried the OTA link for it? I think I actually went to the site on and downloaded it while my phone was plugged into the usb. That was the way I got it to load completely. Before doing it that way I would get stuck at the screen for entering my password.

Good Luck.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Come to think of it wasn't this related to a BIS upgrade by carriers? So, have you tried using the "Email Settings" and setting it up as a BIS email account on your BB? Or just through the web?

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    My bad.. I thought you were talking about Live Messenger. ( I got this after the BIS as well)

But yes.. after the BIS update I was able to get my hotmail working. I had to delete what I had set up before and then recreate the hotmail email account.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

ERShotty no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3057b8bc
    From what I what I understand, and I'm with Telus, it's an internal issue between Microsoft and RIM. On Telus, we've been getting intermittent problems since the upgrade to BIS 2.5. This covers Push email from Hotmail as well as Access to Hotmail via our Mobile Browsers.

In terms of Push email for example, there is either an extremely lengthy delay in recieving emails (anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours), or it's instantaneous. Sending emails is not a problem however as they go through instantly.

In terms of accessing hotmail via the browser, I too get the same error message, or a blank screen. The data solutions rep informed me to check my browser settings to match the following:

In the browser menu, go to broswer configuration and make sure that the emulation mode is "Blackberry" not any of the other choices i.e. Openwave WAP. I was also told to make sure that the browser was set to Support JavaScript.

I was also given alternative login links:

http://m.live.com
    http://login.live.com

The second one worked, but not well. There was serious wait times in recieving data, which I think proves there's an internal problem with either Microsoft or RIM servers.

Either way, it is a known issue that is currently being resolved (God I hate that phrase, seeing as how I hear it a lot from my Telus Service Reps regarding this and the Telus GPS issues)

Hope this helps.
    Ernest Rosales
    Email: erosales@telus.blackberry.net
    Windows Live: kweenzalum03@hotmail.com