this is the information that I found about this topic for uscc
The BlackBerry Internet Service™ (BIS) is being upgraded to version 2.5 on June 29, 2008.
What is BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS):
The BlackBerry® Internet Service comes with every BlackBerry smartphone activated with a data plan at U.S. Cellular®. This service enables our customers to easily link personal POP3 and IMAP supported e-mail accounts like (Yahoo!®, Hotmail®, AOL®, Comcast, SBC, or others). With BlackBerry Internet Service you can:
Which U.S. Cellular BlackBerry smartphones will benefit from this upgrade?
- Access up to 10 work and personal email accounts, plus an optional, new BlackBerry email address that comes with your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Browse websites and instant message on your BlackBerry smartphone just as you would on your desktop browser.
All of our BlackBerry devices will benefit from the e-mail enhancements summarized below.
The following handset models will get the Windows Live Messenger Icon pushed to them via VPL (Virtual Pre-Load)
What is included in this upgrade?
- BlackBerry 8830
- BlackBerry 8130 (Pearl)
- BlackBerry 8330 (Curve)
Based on currently approved software that is in our BlackBerry® smartphones the following exciting new features will be available to our existing & new subscribers once the upgrade is executed by Research In Motion (RIM) the manufacturers of the BlackBerry.
MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail & BlackBerry smartphone functionality summary:
- Windows Live Messenger: BlackBerry customers who enjoy using GooleTalk and Yahoo IM (Instant Messenger) on the BlackBerry will now have the benefit of having another IM choice with Windows Live Messenger. Windows Live IM will appear on the device as a VPL (Virtual Pre-Load) icon. Customers simply have to click on the icon and download and register the application and now they can IM with family and friends from the BlackBerry smartphone.
- E-Mail Integration Enhancements for MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail Customers: BlackBerry customers who use MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail for e-mail will enjoy the following enhancements:
- MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail: Near real-time delivery of e-mail to the BlackBerry smartphone
- MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail: Elimination of "grandfather" or premium (paid) account in order to integrate e-mail account with BlackBerry smarphone.
. . . Messages To Hand held Sync . . .How will our U.S.Cellular BlackBerry customers receive this upgrade and benefit from the exciting upgrades summarized above?
. . . Messages From Handheld to Desktop Sync . . .
E-Mail Service Provider
Real-time e-mail delivery
Sent Items Folder Sync
Deleted Items folder sync
MSN - Hotmail
Yes (User Controlled)
Existing Customers: Any existing customers who have a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account as of June 28, 2008 (Midnight) will automatically get the upgrades summarized above without having to do anything.
New Customers: Any new subscribers who are activated as of June 29, 2008 and set up a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account will automatically benefit from the enhancements summarized above.