Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Morgase After This BIS update last night I decided to delete the ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    After This BIS update last night I decided to delete the email account and try to set it up again. Now i cant even get it set up. I have the other accounts setup and keep getting text messages from RIM to not delete the messages and they would be processed by the server from all the accounts.

Last night the just updated the code, tonight is when it go's live when they activate it.....

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I can't even get the account set up now. I know that I am using the right password for the account. I've used my BB to go to mobile msn and open my email and check it. Giving up until tomorrow
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    this is the information that I found about this topic for uscc

The BlackBerry Internet Service™ (BIS) is being upgraded to version 2.5 on June 29, 2008.
    What is BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS):
    The BlackBerry® Internet Service comes with every BlackBerry smartphone activated with a data plan at U.S. Cellular®. This service enables our customers to easily link personal POP3 and IMAP supported e-mail accounts like (Yahoo!®, Hotmail®, AOL®, Comcast, SBC, or others). With BlackBerry Internet Service you can:
    • Access up to 10 work and personal email accounts, plus an optional, new BlackBerry email address that comes with your BlackBerry smartphone.
    • Browse websites and instant message on your BlackBerry smartphone just as you would on your desktop browser.
    Which U.S. Cellular BlackBerry smartphones will benefit from this upgrade?
    All of our BlackBerry devices will benefit from the e-mail enhancements summarized below.
    The following handset models will get the Windows Live Messenger Icon pushed to them via VPL (Virtual Pre-Load)
    • BlackBerry 8830
    • BlackBerry 8130 (Pearl)
    • BlackBerry 8330 (Curve)
    What is included in this upgrade?
    Based on currently approved software that is in our BlackBerry® smartphones the following exciting new features will be available to our existing & new subscribers once the upgrade is executed by Research In Motion (RIM) the manufacturers of the BlackBerry.
    • Windows Live Messenger: BlackBerry customers who enjoy using GooleTalk and Yahoo IM (Instant Messenger) on the BlackBerry will now have the benefit of having another IM choice with Windows Live Messenger. Windows Live IM will appear on the device as a VPL (Virtual Pre-Load) icon. Customers simply have to click on the icon and download and register the application and now they can IM with family and friends from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    • E-Mail Integration Enhancements for MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail Customers: BlackBerry customers who use MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail for e-mail will enjoy the following enhancements:
      • MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail: Near real-time delivery of e-mail to the BlackBerry smartphone
      • MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail: Elimination of "grandfather" or premium (paid) account in order to integrate e-mail account with BlackBerry smarphone.
    MSN Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail & BlackBerry smartphone functionality summary:

. . . Messages To Hand held Sync . . .
    . . . Messages From Handheld to Desktop Sync . . .
    E-Mail Service Provider
    Real-time e-mail delivery
    Read/
    Unread
    Delete
    Read/
    Unread
    Delete
    Sent Items Folder Sync
    Deleted Items folder sync
    MSN - Hotmail
    Yes
    No
    No
    Yes
    Yes (User Controlled)
    Yes
    Yes
    How will our U.S.Cellular BlackBerry customers receive this upgrade and benefit from the exciting upgrades summarized above?
    Existing Customers: Any existing customers who have a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account as of June 28, 2008 (Midnight) will automatically get the upgrades summarized above without having to do anything.
    New Customers: Any new subscribers who are activated as of June 29, 2008 and set up a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account will automatically benefit from the enhancements summarized above.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    YES!!!! Got my BB to take the Hotmail account and it works!! Finally!!!

* Happy Dance*

Still no html but I am too scared to try a beta of 4.5 OS.

No WLM for my on my 8310??

~Morgase~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I got hotmail on my bis setup but I still don't receive any messages on it~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I deleted my hotmail and then added it again. Resend service books, battery pull..

~Morgase~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12