Ok, I finally got my work emails to come to my Blackberry in real time! ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

FUTURESTARS no está en línea Stack level 2

Hmmmm syncing question?

Advertisement

Ok, I finally got my work emails to come to my Blackberry in real time! ( simply set my work email to forward a copy to my @vzw.blackberry.net email address ) woooohoooooo. But now the problem is how to sync it with my Outlook Express. What I mean is, if I read the message from an actual PC, I want the blackberry to show it as "read". If I read it on the blackberry, I dont want to have to come home to all the same messages I already read/responded to throughout the day. When I choose "delete from handheld and mailbox" it doesn't delete the message from my outlook inbox. Isn't it supposed to?

Can someone help me out?

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Hmmmm syncing question?

You'll have to change the settings in outlook on how often it checks for mail on the various mail servers you have heading to Outlook. The BB function of "delete from mailbox and handheld" deletes the mail from the originator server.. if outlook express downloads the mail from *for instance* yahoo, before you check it on your BB, then of course it won't delete it because your BB "talks" the mails originator server, not your outlook express until you connect to your PC. If you go to Tools>Options>Mail Setup, you can change the option to send/recieve mail at certain intervals. So it's really about how often you'll be checking email on your Berry.

Hope this helps,
    Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

FUTURESTARS no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm not sure I followed you. If I change the intervals that Outlook receives emails, I just have to wait longer to get emails on my PC. Its still going to send that same email to the blackberry, since its forwarded directly from my email company, isn't it?

I own my own domain so my email address is a xxx@mydomain.com situation.

I am on the computer 75% of the time, and on the go 25%. My thing is if I get 100 emails during that 75% I'm in front of a PC, all 100 forward to my BB, and I have to manually delete them from there, although I've already read/responded to them from the computer.

See what I mean?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

First off, FUTURESTARS, to truly do what you want, you need an Exchange Server and a Blackberry Enterprise Server. Trying to get full reconcilliation between a POP3 or IMAP email server and your BB on BIS is not going to happen. You can get partial reconcilliation between some IMAP servers and the BB but it's not full reconcilliation. Incoming emails will show up on both, BB Sends and Deletes will show up on the Server but PC deletes and reads will not.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles