Still learning so apologize in advance. Why are the emails still present in the inbox ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Help with reconciliation of email accounts on 8700g please

Advertisement

Still learning so apologize in advance.

Why are the emails still present in the inbox on my BB after I have either deleted or moved then to my personal PST folders on my laptop?

I use wireless sync.

My email reconciliation options are:
    • Delete on: mailbox & Handheld
    • Wireless Reconcile: On
    • On Conflicts: Mailbox wins.
    Currently I have to perform a manual delete on my BB of each email which was either moved or deleted on the laptop. This doesn't seem right.

Ed

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Help with reconciliation of email accounts on 8700g please

Hi Ed,

Try this link, see if this answers your question or helps you out and let us know so we can further assist you.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ciliation.html

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Why are the emails still present in the inbox on my BB after I have either deleted or moved then to my personal PST folders on my laptop
    Two thing here, Are you doing a perminant Delete (Shift + Delete)? Or are you emptying the Deleted Folder before the Reconciliation takes place. The BES uses the Deleted folder to tell the BB that a file has been deleted during the reconciliation process. If there is nothing in the deleted folder, the BES doesn't know that the message is deleted And moving messages to the PST files does the same thing. A way around this problem is to do a normal delete and not empty the deleted folder until after the reconciliation takes place. As to the moved messages, I would do a Copy to the PST and then delete the original in the Inbox.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Two thing here, Are you doing a perminant Delete (Shift + Delete)? Or are you emptying the Deleted Folder before the Reconciliation takes place. The BES uses the Deleted folder to tell the BB that a file has been deleted during the reconciliation process. If there is nothing in the deleted folder, the BES doesn't know that the message is deleted And moving messages to the PST files does the same thing. A way around this problem is to do a normal delete and not empty the deleted folder until after the reconciliation takes place. As to the moved messages, I would do a Copy to the PST and then delete the original in the Inbox.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    That helps explain a lot. Didn't realize it was the contents of the deleted folder on the laptop which the BES uses to identify deleted mail.

I'll try changing my approach as per your suggestions and see how that goes.

Cheers.

PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Appreciate the link you provicded Jade. That certainly helps explain things.

I know OutLook on my company laptop is setup to empty contents of the deleted folder on exit so I will change that too.

Ed

PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Well I have followed the procedure as described and still ended up with items in the BB inbox which had been deleted from the desktop.

I must be missing something as I'm sure there is a better system than a manual delete on the BB