A friend who's in NZ (AT&T International is the carrier on her Pearl and she's ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

NYCGirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with enabling Java Script on Berry Pearl

Advertisement

A friend who's in NZ (AT&T International is the carrier on her Pearl and she's on Blackberry International plan) is having a hard time connecting via blackberry messenger.

Here's her question.

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on?

Thanks!

NYC Girl

"I can't get hold of you on BB messenger, even though you're listed as a contact.
    When you sent me that link, it tells me I can't do it because my handheld is not
    JavaScript enabled. Is that a matter of changing a setting? Or have things upgraded recently?"

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Help with enabling Java Script on Berry Pearl

You can use Opera Mini. Works great with javascript sites.

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I haven't a Pearl, but in my experience, BlackBerries are somewhat consistent. After clicking on the Browser (the BlackBerry one), click the BlackBerry button, beside the trackball, scroll down to 'Options' and click. Then click 'General Properties'. Scroll down and checkmark the box 'Enable Java Support' (or something to that effect).

If that has already been done, then I don't know how to help you. But then again, there are others here with a sizeable amount of knowledge of everything Berry. Good luck!

Thumbs up Re: Help with enabling Java Script on Berry Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    I haven't a Pearl, but in my experience, BlackBerries are somewhat consistent. After clicking on the Browser (the BlackBerry one), click the BlackBerry button, beside the trackball, scroll down to 'Options' and click. Then click 'General Properties'. Scroll down and checkmark the box 'Enable Java Support' (or something to that effect).

If that has already been done, then I don't know how to help you. But then again, there are others here with a sizeable amount of knowledge of everything Berry. Good luck!

Many thanks! It worked. Very appreciative.

Thumbs up Re: Help with enabling Java Script on Berry Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by good1988 View Post
    You can use Opera Mini. Works great with javascript sites.
    Opera Mini?!

Interesting. I had never thought of using it, but I will check it out. This is a great forum. Thank you all for your input and assistance.

The NYC Girl

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel

I'm glad to see that my suggestion worked. I don't know about you, but I didn't get much more than a Quick Reference card with my original BlackBerry (I'm happily on Number Two). This site has been my source for every issue I've ever had with my BlackBerry. Between PinStack and good ol' trial and error, I've gleaned quite a bit.

And yes, for browsing Opera Mini is wonderful, but you must change your APN/TCP settings based on your service carrier, or it will not be able to gain a network connection. Do a search for APN/TCP carrier settings, there's a post in here somewhere.