can BIS filter using wildcards? say if i will be using the "TO" filter, can ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

sphynxberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Help on BIS Filters

Advertisement

can BIS filter using wildcards? say if i will be using the "TO" filter, can I say that e-mails coming from yahoo.com will the only ones to be forwarded?

TIA

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack, Sphynx!

You'll notice that when you're setting up a rule, no matter what you pick in the "Apply Filter When" field, the next field says "Contains". I believe that in essence is using wildcard logic, so if you want to use the "To" filter, it pretty much sounds like just putting the yahoo.com will definitely filter out any e-mails that come from that domain.

You can always run a test on it to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that'll work the way you want it to.

Hope this helps,
    Roger

sphynxberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey thanks for that... did not took note of the "contains" thing. tested it with a couple of e-mails and it seem working... hope we are working on the right assumption. am setting up rules now.

let me post back if anything interesting happens!

cheers!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sphynxberry View Post
    hey thanks for that... did not took note of the "contains" thing. tested it with a couple of e-mails and it seem working... hope we are working on the right assumption. am setting up rules now.

let me post back if anything interesting happens!

cheers!
    Cool! Glad it seems to be working out for you. Please do keep us posted as to your experiences.