Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sorry people, new to the site and not sure where I am supposed to post ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

karobonas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2513EB60

Help! Not Receiving Service Books/emails!!

Advertisement

Sorry people, new to the site and not sure where I am supposed to post for support releated questions.

I am new to blackberry and I have a contract with T-mobile over here in the UK. I have set my phone up but I am not receiving any of my emails. After a long conversation with TMO's techincal team who took me through various stages I am still not receiving any. I have tried going onto the blackberry email setup site for TMO (instantemail.t-mobile.co.uk) and resending my service books, even though its says it has I do not receive any on my phone. I have registered the device in to the blackberry email service by using the option in Host Routing Table many of times but still no luck. Does anyone have an idea of what I should do?? I believe its down the me not receiving my service books but I am unsure. I have a capital GPRS as well and I can surf the interent no problem but no emails!!! I have a data package that is set up correctly also. I am unsure if this is a common problem or it is phone fault. Please if anyone does have any ideas, please post.

Thanks in advance!!!

Karo

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Help! Not Receiving Service Books/emails!!

Welcome to the Forum. You posted in the right place...

Can you send or receive PIN messages? Have you confirmed your PIN is listed correctly on the BIS site? If you need to know your PIN, compose an email and in the subject line or body, type "mypin" without the quotes and hit space or you can go under Options, Status.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    2513EB60

Hi, KalebsDad I cannot send and recieve PIN messages. Well I don't think I can, it prompts me with "this entry has no PIN address". I have placed my PIN and IMEI number on my BIS site as well and tried sending my Service Books through but i do not recieve any. I have two service books:

Blackberry Internet Browsing Service and IPPP for BIS-B

I am unsure if I am setting it up correctly (this is my first blacberry).

PIN/ID
    2513EB60

I have just added myself in my contacts list and added my pin.. I go to send a meessage and the Message status returns.... "Service Blocked" not sure if I have done this correctly.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Ok, I just tried to send you a PIN message based on the PIN you have listed on your account and it immediately gave me a "Transaction Error - General Error" statement which I have never gotten before.

Can you confirm the PIN is correct?

PIN/ID
    2513EB60

Yes my PIN is 2513EB60 (TWO/FIVE/ONE/THREE/E/B/SIX/ZERO) I also tried to send you a message and it returend Service Blocked as well.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Ok, yeah, it acts like you do not have a data plan attached to your account. I am unfamiliar with TMO but if your service books are not even registering to your phone and you have setup your account through your BIS, there is an issue on the TMO side it would appear or at the least, with the phone but if you can browse the internet and make phone calls, I would say there is an issue on the TMO side that may need to be delved into further.

Someone else may come along and help you further but it sounds like a TMO issue.

One last question, is this a brand new BB?

PIN/ID
    2513EB60

Yes, its only 2 days old, not been receiving anything since I turned it on and set it up.

I really appreciated your help. Thanks a lot!!

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Ok, well I'm sorry I couldn't help you resolve you problem but there is alot of knowledge on this site so someone will probably come along and help you troubleshoot further.

Welcome to the Blackberry world, sorry it isn't starting off too well for you but your persistence will pay off once you get it up and running. It's GREAT!!!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by karobonas
    Yes, its only 2 days old, not been receiving anything since I turned it on and set it up.

I really appreciated your help. Thanks a lot!!
    I would call TMO and have them check to see if then enabled your data plan. That's what it sounds like to me.

PIN/ID
    2513EB60

Ha Ha... I know, I would like to get in to it a little deeper but wanna get its main functionalty sorted first before I start adding applications and upgrading OS's. Just got used to the QWERTY keyboard as well!!

Again thanks for all your help!

PIN/ID
    2513EB60

Thanks Stacey! Just one thing, what exactly is a Data Plan?? because I can access the internet fine and I have a uppercase GPRS in the corner.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

do you have a data plan or not? if not thats the reason for all of your problems

Quote Originally Posted by karobonas
    Thanks Stacey! Just one thing, what exactly is a Data Plan?? because I can access the internet fine and I have a uppercase GPRS in the corner.
    its an add on 19.99 a month... if you don't have the data plan you won't be able to pin. You will be payin out your butt for the internet also. I suggest you call them.
    Last edited by StaceyRVC; 09-12-2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Well, if TMO Tech Support didn't realize that when he spent that amount of time on the phone with them trying to troubleshoot, I'm glad I'm not with TMO!!! haha

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Yeah sometimes they overlook stuff like that... but I will bet money on it, that's the problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast