I have a bell 8330 blackberry My browser wasn't responding properly and not enabling me ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

charliehutch no está en línea Stack level 2

Help - No Idea what happened here

Advertisement

I have a bell 8330 blackberry

My browser wasn't responding properly and not enabling me 2 actually browse or do anything. GPS did not work, and facebook or any other web-based application wouldn't work as well.

I downloaded the OS for the 8330 from the blackberry.com site for bell and installed it. I then opened Desktop Manager and the prompt said "applications can be updated." maybe not in those words, but something like that.

Anywho, I selected install. My facebook works perfectly now, whereas before it wouldn't even sign in as if there was no internet connection.

However, there's literally no browser on the device anymore, no icon and nothing is hidden.

Any ideas what happened? And how I'll be able to reverse what I did?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Check your service books, the browser one may have been deleted during the upgrade. You will most likely need to reregister the unit opn the network by using the host routing table to get your service books resent. Settings-advanced options- host routing table. Scroll down to the bold item and click the scroll wheel. Choose register and then exit back out and wait a few seconds for the message to come in saying your unit is registered on the network.

Zo
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    Check your service books, the browser one may have been deleted during the upgrade. You will most likely need to reregister the unit opn the network by using the host routing table to get your service books resent. Settings-advanced options- host routing table. Scroll down to the bold item and click the scroll wheel. Choose register and then exit back out and wait a few seconds for the message to come in saying your unit is registered on the network.

Zo
    I still don't have the browser icon on my screen. However, when I select switch applications, it shows me the browser icon. But when I select it, the message says "Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to establish the browser on your device."

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    do you have a blackberry data plan?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Call your BlackBerry support line and have them resend the service books for you. Thats what it needs.

EDIT: Good Question Cherri
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    do you have a blackberry data plan?
    Yeah, I do have a data plan. The browser, well, I won't say was working perfectly today because it wasn't.

But the icon was there along with Bell downloads, etc. It was after me not being able to sign into facebook and msn, because both messages said it cannot find a connection. That I decided to see if there's a new software I could download for bell.

Went to the blackberry website, choose bell and downloaded the software I saw there. Installed it, facebook is working fine now, it let's me sign in no problem and write on peoples walls, etc.

Msn is telling me that I need to get some settings....and it points me to a URL to go2 on my actual berry.

But no web browser icon, and when I do find it by selecting switch application. It gives me the message I wrote up top.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Just call c/s and have them send the service books to your phone. I can do it myself by going to the set up email icon. Don't know if you have that through Bell.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    yes, if you have the 'set up personal email' icon you can access your Bell account and resend service books thru that.

once again, just to make 100% sure (because i am not familiar with Bell), you have a Blackberry data plan. Not an add on internet/browsing plan, but an acutally BB data plan. it really does matter when talking about the browser and service books.

Yeah, its an actual data plan. But I'll call C/s later on today when they open. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    you seem to be missing the service books (the reason for the error you stated in post #3) and you are missing your browser because the blackberry hasn't registered on the network. those are normally indicative of not having a blackberry data plan, but just a normal mobile/cell phone data plan. they are not the same. that is the ONLY reason why I asked.

let us know what you find out from C/S. maybe your account was re-provisioned when you bought the new bb?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    you seem to be missing the service books (the reason for the error you stated in post #3) and you are missing your browser because the blackberry hasn't registered on the network. those are normally indicative of not having a blackberry data plan, but just a normal mobile/cell phone data plan. they are not the same. that is the ONLY reason why I asked.

let us know what you find out from C/S. maybe your account was re-provisioned when you bought the new bb?
    C/S...well, it wasn't regular C/S, basically reconfigured everything on their end. They found it quite weird as I did, that I was able to sign into facebook, but yet the browser wouldn't work, and I could not send PIN messages.

Everything is A O.k however now. Thanks for all the help :-D

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I had the same thing happen after a provider update...no browser! But I did a battery-pull, and all was well....WEIRD!!!!!