OK so my apologies if im in the wrong section, however i really need some ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

fynegemini no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305DBC14

Question Have A bb messenger issue with New O.S

Advertisement

OK so my apologies if im in the wrong section, however i really need some help, my bb messenger is clearing out it open converstation if leave open it to check some other app. why...
    ~A compliment is something like a kiss through a veil.~
    ~Victor Hugo

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by fynegemini View Post
    OK so my apologies if im in the wrong section, however i really need some help, my bb messenger is clearing out it open converstation if leave open it to check some other app. why...
    welcome to posting

let me see if i understand .. your bbm convo is being deleted? how old is the conversation? are you leaving them open for days? the memory will dump if it gets low. are you leaving applications open? how much available memory do you have? have you tried a battery pull to reset the memory? what device do you own? a curve?

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    welcome to posting

let me see if i understand .. your bbm convo is being deleted? how old is the conversation? are you leaving them open for days? the memory will dump if it gets low. are you leaving applications open? how much available memory do you have? have you tried a battery pull to reset the memory? what device do you own? a curve?

And a partridge in a pear tree!! :-)
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    305DBC14
    No its like less than a min. Litterley I respond to my contact press the back or the power button to go back to apps menu and check Viigo and come back to meesanger and thers no conv. Open any more.

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    Try checking your file free. As cherri said, when your memory is running low your bb will delete things like bbm convos, sms/mms/pin messages, email, and your call logs. You can free up some memory by clearing you devices log (holding down the alt key while pressing lglg) then press menu select "clear log. Also you can clear your cache (open your browser, hit menu, select options, cache operations, and clear all the sections there.

Hope this helps, let us know.

~via Ms. Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    305DBC14
    Ill try some one message me see if that's the case lol

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Anela, if I clear the event log, that's not gonna mess anything up is it?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I am having the same issue, along with my contacts going from the contact list to the pending list for no apparent reason. Also this issue seems hit or miss, sometimes the convo stays for awhile, then others times it deletes as soon as i open BBM before i can read the message. My memory is good and i delete almost all of my messages/emails, call logs etc. atleast once a day. Along with clearing the log everyday. I have read in posts that having a password lock on the device will will cause this, is that true? why would that matter? It doesn't seem to happen to any of the other messaging apps.
    Last edited by sparkyj62; 01-15-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: adding info/ correcting info