Are US users still able to set up a Gmail email address? as in the ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

wayalex no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Googlemail and Gmail set up

Advertisement

Are US users still able to set up a Gmail email address? as in the UK we have been changed to googlemail.

If so does anyone have 5 mins to set up a Gmail email address for me as i would prefer it to googlemail!

Please PM me!

Thanks in advance

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Re: Googlemail and Gmail set up

yes users still have gmail accounts at least I know I do, and I just set mine up back in oct. But as for how to do it for someone in the uk...that I don't know. Does it really matter?
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

It doesnt really matter that much, just would prefer a gmail account! stupid i know!

On the google site it says as of 19th October 2005 Uk users are not allowed Gmail anymore and have to have Gmail!

Please does someone have 5 mins to set me up a gmail account?

Thanks

thetimekeeper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205064C7

BB Pin me, or send me an email, and tell me the username and password you want for your @gmail.com address. My pin is 205064C7 and my email is aang@rogers.blackberry.net.

Dito no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC14
    Quote Originally Posted by wayalex View Post
    It doesnt really matter that much, just would prefer a gmail account! stupid i know!

On the google site it says as of 19th October 2005 Uk users are not allowed Gmail anymore and have to have Gmail!

I dimly remember some lawsuit over the name "Gmail" in the UK. It had already been trademarked by someone else. Why they didn't just sell it to The Big G for a large stack of cash mystifies me.

Anyway, I have plenty of Gmail invites to spare. PM me if you (or anyone else) wants one.

-Dito

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow

cant remember if I have any invites remaining ...got to go look!

Thanks for offer of invites guys but unfortunately even if you have a Gmail invite then google checks your I.p address and defaults to googlemail!
    So frustrating!
    Thanks anyway,I've even tried using a proxy I.p to do it but google recognises it and thinks its a spam email being set up!the only way I can think of doing it is if someone sets it up for me!
    Thanks guys
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dusk2400 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey guys
    Didnt you know that even with an @googlemail.com address, sending it to @gmail.com also works
    for example
    sending something to dusk@googlemail.com is the same as sending it to dusk@gmail.com.
    i use gmail like that, and it works fine for me