Anyone know if Google Domain works (well/great/at all) with BIS 2.0? I am thinking about ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

The Roc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Multiple

Google Domain with BIS 2.0

Advertisement

Anyone know if Google Domain works (well/great/at all) with BIS 2.0?

I am thinking about migrating my MX host to google domain but am weary of doing so.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Google Domain with BIS 2.0

When you say, 'google domain', are you talking about GMail? If yes, seems fine to me...

Unless of course I've totally mis-understood your question...

saa001 no está en línea Stack level 2

I switched my domain for email over to Googles hosted domain service. It took alittle work to get it going but after a few days (and a few mistakes on my part) my email is now hosted with them.

It works much better than my Yahoo did. I have since consolidated all my accounts into one and that is forwarded to my hosted account.

Google catches the vast majority of spam and I never see it (as opposed to Yahoo which has been falling down on the job and I would get 4-5 spam emails a day that got past their filters).

All in all I am very pleased with it. Any problems that I had were becuse I wasn't following the directions correctly.

saa001 - when moving from present hosting company to Google hosting, how long is the down time with your email?

ps: if you feel like it, you can email me: navilyn@pinstack.com (thanks in advance!)

PIN/ID
    Multiple

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    When you say, 'google domain', are you talking about GMail? If yes, seems fine to me...

Unless of course I've totally mis-understood your question...
    google domain is hosted email, google talk, calendar, and web publishing thru a web app for up to 25 users.

I am moving my personal domain that i own (and is currently on mailstreet.com) to google domains

It looks like its gonna save me about 30 dollars a month (10.00 for exchange hosting, 10.00 for bes, and 10.00 for enterprise service with tmo) and i will be losing contact, notepad, a to do list sync

PIN/ID
    Multiple

saa001 - when moving from present hosting company to Google hosting, how long is the down time with your email?

ps: if you feel like it, you can email me: navilyn@pinstack.com (thanks in advance!)
    less than two hours for the move though i am still waiting for the dns propagation to complete.

Question Re: Google Domain with BIS 2.0

Hmm, not bad; so contacts have to be manually entered? I own my own domain too (navilyn.com) and was thinking of moving my hosting from 1and1 to google hosting. But, seems like since am paying $2.97 a month for hosting and I connect to works exchange/bes server it's not worth it...

What do you think? Drop me a email if you like...

saa001 no está en línea Stack level 2

It is fairly qucik for google to set up. Like the other post said, it takes a little longer for DNS settings to propagate throughout the net. Less than 24 hours (it was about six hours for me).

PIN/ID
    Multiple

From what I can tell, everything finished propagating around 11 pm tonight.

I configured my bis and emails are getting delivered to my bb in less than a minute (most of the time) with the longest delay being 2 minutes.

PIN/ID
    Multiple

well all is not going as smooth as i had hoped.

Anytime an email is delivered to my bb, its within moments of it being sent to my email address.

However, the only problem is some emails aren't being delivered to the handheld at all and are are just sitting in my inbox.

...try closing the inbox and giving it more time. Maybe the Outlook client (or whatever client you're using) is being picked up at around the same time it's being delivered to the device, and thus not sending that 'particular' email to the device - just a theory of course...

StoppingDown no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm curious as to how any of you may have this setup. BB Internet Service seems to want a manual setup. Are you enabling POP in Gmail hosted and pulling emails in that way?

Thanks in advance.

StoppingDown no está en línea Stack level 1

Did some digging and I found a relevant thread over at Blackberryforums.com - I'd post the link but I'm not Stack 2 yet.

Basically, 2-way sync isn't available in Google Hosted, but people seem to get their messages instantly. Need to use POP3 with Google's instructions for setting up Blackberry.

If anyone here has any other info, let me/us know.