I had no problem setting up email to basic gmail accounts. All works well. However ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

HenryBrowsin no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Apps Email - different from gmail?

Advertisement

I had no problem setting up email to basic gmail accounts. All works well. However I'm having troubles with Google Apps email accounts. My phone is the 8100.

I have a domain hosted at GoDaddy which included email. I setup one account, User1, on the 8100 and all worked well. I recently setup Google Apps and moved the email accounts over to Google Apps including User1 and User 2. Then I setup both User1 and User2 email on the 8100.

The first problem was with the User1 account. My guess is that because it had been previously setup on a standard POP3 account, not gmail, I cannot reset it to receive inbox email. I can send email but it does not receive new email.

I setup User2 for the first time on the 8100. It worked well. Just the same as a standard gmail account. No worries.

Attempting to reset User1 settings I selected 'send service books'. Now neither User1 nor User2 receive new inbox email. However, the native gmail accounts I setup previously work fine and dandy.

I'm befuddled why I'm having troubles with the Google Apps email accounts. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Henry

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Google Apps Email - different from gmail?

no idea, but I would delete them all from your BB and slowly re-add them one-by-one and see if they work. Good luck
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

HenryBrowsin no está en línea Stack level 1

Actually, clearing the accounts was the first step, including deleting the Service Book entries on the phone. As I suspected the Google Apps email accounts were being treated differently from the native Gmail accounts. When setting up Gmail accounts the @gmail.com domain flags the account as a gmail account and specific backend setup for gmail is done. However, with Google Apps email, the domain is @mydomain.com and it isn't flagged as a gmail account. The existing setup doesn't provide a mechanism to specify that it's a gmail account and the specific gmail support setup is not applied.

The folks at RIM identified the problem and provisioned the accounts as gmail accounts and I was shortly up and running.

If anybody is experiencing the same problems with Google Apps email accounts, when contacting Cingular support (or your particular cell provider) mention GPOP, as in GooglePOP. The email account has to be set up as a GPOP account which the BlackBerry service interfaces with.

jbthompson no está en línea Stack level 1

I also have a domain set up with Go Daddy and was wondering how to get my web based email to my 8703. I assume its a POP acct.
    Any info is appreciated

fboor no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by HenryBrowsin
    Actually, clearing the accounts was the first step, including deleting the Service Book entries on the phone. As I suspected the Google Apps email accounts were being treated differently from the native Gmail accounts. When setting up Gmail accounts the @gmail.com domain flags the account as a gmail account and specific backend setup for gmail is done. However, with Google Apps email, the domain is @mydomain.com and it isn't flagged as a gmail account. The existing setup doesn't provide a mechanism to specify that it's a gmail account and the specific gmail support setup is not applied.

The folks at RIM identified the problem and provisioned the accounts as gmail accounts and I was shortly up and running.

If anybody is experiencing the same problems with Google Apps email accounts, when contacting Cingular support (or your particular cell provider) mention GPOP, as in GooglePOP. The email account has to be set up as a GPOP account which the BlackBerry service interfaces with.
    Can you share how to setup your account after you deleted your service book please?
    thanks inadvance

Dre4meR no está en línea Stack level 1

humm

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

that or enter setting surself with outgoing mail server being pop.gmail.com
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask