When I'm in my browser and go to google, my focus is always at the ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ruthsieg no está en línea Stack level 1

Question goggle doesn't start in text box

Advertisement

When I'm in my browser and go to google, my focus is always at the top of the page at some link (images) and I have to scroll three or four times to get the focus into the text box so that I can type.
    How do I get it to go automatically to the text box so that I can enter text (the way it normally does on any computer?)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    what device do you have? what operating system are you using? do you mean www.google.com?

welcome to pinstack you should fill out your profile completely it helps with support!

updated profile

I updated my profile.
    When I go into my browser, and do a 'go to', and go to the google page you mentioned above, I have the problem above where the focus is not on the text box where I can input text.
    hope that helps

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If I understand you, sometimes when you open Google the cursor may not start out in the text (entry) box. If you move it there, enter something does it work OK? Then when you go back (escape) to the entry page is the cursor in the entry box then or do you still have to move it to the box?

I don't have an answer for you except that your cursor may not always (or ever) start in the text box. I don't think that's that unusual.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    hmmm...not sure why it is doing that. i have the same device, but running 4.5 software and mine goes straight to the text box. see screenshot below.

you understood correctly - when i open google from my browser it doesn't automatically go to the text box - i have to scroll to get it there. when i type something, it works fine, and when i go back (escape) it is still in the text box. My only issue is that when I first open the goggle page, it does not start in the data entry/text box.

I installed the google app and that seems to work better - it starts with my cursor in the text box.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't know Ruth. I have to admit I think my cursor is positioned in the box most (or all) of the time but, when I do a search and browse thru the results, etc. and escape back to the search screen, my cursor is almost never in the text box. I have to position it there to either erase or re-key an new search argument. I'm used to it and don't really give it much thought. I guess it's different device/carrier/who-knows-what-else situation.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com