i set my device to messages>delete on:mailbox and handheld when i delete a message on ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

gmail users

Advertisement

i set my device to messages>delete on:mailbox and handheld
    when i delete a message on my device it deletes it on my pc but when i delete a message on my pc it remains on my device.can i get it to work both ways? also is there any way to archive a message from your device rather than deleting it?i know you could go to gmail with your browser and do this but can it be done from messaging?

MrCmonster no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't know about the deleting from the PC and having it delete on your BB. But when you delete on the BB it archives it on Gmail (at least it does on mine ) it doesn't delete it on Gmail.
    --
    When in doubt, pull the battery out.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i set my device to messages>delete on:mailbox and handheld
    when i delete a message on my device it deletes it on my pc but when i delete a message on my pc it remains on my device.can i get it to work both ways? also is there any way to archive a message from your device rather than deleting it?i know you could go to gmail with your browser and do this but can it be done from messaging?
    it doesnt delete both ways, its essentially a pop service, only imap service will have it work both ways. You can download the gmail app for your berry and it will work both ways but the way you have it now, it wont work like that.

MrCmonster no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have mine set for IMAP, but it still only deletes one way. Yes the Gmail app does work well, but I prefer to use the BB mail. Although I do use the Gmail app if I want to search my mail, it's great for that.
    --
    When in doubt, pull the battery out.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Thanks! I know imap works both ways on a pc didn't know it was diff on a berry but that's a good to know~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~