I was wondering if anybody knows if gmail has update the imap function to work ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

joker25944 no está en línea Stack level 2

Gmail Update

Advertisement

I was wondering if anybody knows if gmail has update the imap function to work with blackberrys. I know last time a tried that it was very slow and when i would delete something on the blackberry it would not delete on gmail or my desktop. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also i used the settings give on gmails website to set up for imap.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Gmail Update

I had my outlook 2007 setup to imap for a while and I like pop3 better I think.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    I had my outlook 2007 setup to imap for a while and I like pop3 better I think.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I recently updated my gmail push account on my 8830 to the IMAP setup and I have to say that Z like it. Although it does take longer for emails to arrive on the handheld, I like the fact that if I delete an email on the bb I do not have to delete it again via a computer. I also have the gmail app on my phone also so if I am expecting an urgent email I can just look it up that way. Hope that helps.

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Gmail Update

I use BIS with IMAP for Gmail. My BB deletes always delete on the Gmail server as well. However, I don't use Outlook, or any desktop email client.