Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to have G-Mail mark messages as read ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

abulkiewicz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question GMail Question

Advertisement

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to have G-Mail mark messages as read when I read them on my Blackberry (8310, Rogers Wireless) and vice-versa. I know it is possible to configure G-mail access through IMAP however, I am not always in a service area which can pose a problem if I am looking to access an old e-mail.

Also, is it possible to sync (preferably wirelessly/automatically) my calender with iCal/Google Calender?

Thanks in advance,

- Adam

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    The gmail application dose it. And check your email settings on the device.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by abulkiewicz View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to have G-Mail mark messages as read when I read them on my Blackberry (8310, Rogers Wireless) and vice-versa. I know it is possible to configure G-mail access through IMAP however, I am not always in a service area which can pose a problem if I am looking to access an old e-mail.

Also, is it possible to sync (preferably wirelessly/automatically) my calender with iCal/Google Calender?

Thanks in advance,

- Adam

the reconciliaton on Gmail will work, once all carriers upgrade to BIS 2.6 .. right now the only recon that i get is when i delete it, it goes to trash in gmail.

check out www.google.com/sync ... you need to download their app for bb, and that will sync all of your contacts and calendar(s) with your blackberry contacts/calendar

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by abulkiewicz View Post
    Hello,

Thanks in advance,

- Adam
    You can use a standard BIS IMAP setup with GMail even if your carrier hasn't upgraded to BIS 2.6 (like AT&T!).

First, make sure IMAP is enabled on your Gmail account.

If you have your Gmail account set up now as a POP client, delete the account.

Now, set it up again, but do NOT put your password in - instead say you'll enter the settings.

In the Settings screen, after you've entered the iformation needed under General Settings, select the Advanced tab and enter the following:
    • Email server: imap.gmail.com
    • Email server type: IMAP
    • Port: 993
    • Timeout: 120
    • SSL: [Checked]

(Items not in Bold may not be changeable)

I found that the POP setup delivers mail more quickly than IMAP, but does not reconcile Read/Unread, and since I'm not too concerned with reading an email a few minutes later than I could have (15 minutes at most), I've been using IMAP with all three of my Gmail accounts for quite some time.

I prefer having one place (Messages) for all my email, and although the Gmail app is excellent and gives you more of what is available in Gmail (like Labels), I decided not to use up memory with it.
    JerryD

abulkiewicz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is it possible to download this application on my PC and trasnfer it to the Blackberry. Mine is configured for e-mail access only, no internet.

Thanks,

- Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    The gmail application dose it. And check your email settings on the device.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

miberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the guide, it really helps, jdellasala . I look forward to using Gmail with Blackberry for sometimes.
    And god creates the BlackBerry.

Simply revolutionize

http://mindberry.net

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/luongdat