First off, hello everyone this is my first post here. I have been using gmail ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

iamsteelio no está en línea Stack level 2

Gmail Plain Text Emails

Advertisement

First off, hello everyone this is my first post here. I have been using gmail with my blackberry for a few months and am getting annoyed with the html codes. I know you can choose to send an email in plain text format but is there a way to have all emails both sent and recieved be plain text? I haven't been able to find a setting for this. Any help would be great. Thanks.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Gmail Plain Text Emails

Hello and welcome to the stacks
    as for the plain text emails I do not believe there is anything you can do about it at this time.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

it's actually up to the sender that sends the email to make it plain or html. Gmail is actually out of the loop when a sender sends an email in text or html, and the only thing BB does is pick up that email from the gmail account and pushes it to the handheld.

for example, i set ebay to send me text-format emails to my gmail account, so when BB pushes this, it'll be in text.

But if another sender doesn't give the option of text or html, you're pretty much at their mercy.

iamsteelio no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks, i'll see if there's settings for that for the companies that send me the html emails.