Hello Pinstackers- My first installation of the Gmail app on my 8100 pushed Gmail straight ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Gmail notification gone, refresh required

Advertisement

Hello Pinstackers-

My first installation of the Gmail app on my 8100 pushed Gmail straight into my Gmail inbox and notified me (in addition to sending a notifier and email to my Message box).

Upon a reinstall of the Gmail app (because of other circumstances), new email sends a notifier to my Messages box, but no push to the Gmail app. To pick up new email inside the Gmail app now, I have to refresh to see new mail.

The Gmail option "Preload messages and check for mail in the background..." is still selected. Is there a setting I need to change to get this feature back?

Thanks in advance...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Gmail notification gone, refresh required

Welcome to pinstack. Do you still need help with this? I dont use the app, I just have gmail set up in my webclient, works fine for me.

Let us know if we can help you further.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes, I still could use help on this issue. If anyone has any ideas, it would be appreciated.

Thanks-

Montenegrican no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem so in addition to my partner there, I would also appreciate some help (very much)
    Thank you

Optyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21CD6654

I use gmail also I've found that the push for new mail from gmail is rather fast, but the app has a longer refresh rate so it doesn't always see the new messages immediately. So far i've found no way to change this it's just something that happens.

Montenegrican no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you.. I really never received Email on my gmail application and bothers me very much. I guess I will have to live with what I have. Thanks again for this post.
    PS> If anyone has any another suggestions, please feel free to express yourselves...

bmcgar45 no está en línea Stack level 1

I was having a similar problem after i messed around with the gmail notifier in the profiles. I was getting no icon notification of new messages and having to hit refresh to get any messages into the email client. It's working now... although you probably only have to do the last part, this is everything i did.

- Uninstall and reinstall the gmail client
    - In gmail client go to the menu - "more" - "settings"
    - check the last check box "notify me when there is new email in my inbox"
    - save
    - i restarted and logged in again and it worked... downloads automatically and i get my icon notification back.