Ok.. I'm trying to receive aim/yahoo IMs on my Blackberry via gmail/gtalk and jabber transports.. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

sangesf no está en línea Stack level 2

gmail/jabber-psi/aim/yahoo HELP!

Ok.. I'm trying to receive aim/yahoo IMs on my Blackberry via gmail/gtalk and jabber transports..
    I setup PSI on my PC, setup gmail for it, no problem.
    However I am TOTALLY clueless on how to setup AIM or Yahoo as a transport. Can someone help me with setting that up? I saw a guide on here, but it's a bit to general on how to setup those connections in the PSI client to get my AIM/Yahoo contacts to show up on google talk on the Blackberry.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: gmail/jabber-psi/aim/yahoo HELP!

~via BB (

To be honest, I haven't even thought about this in a couple months.

The other problem I had was that I was inspired by Google Talk for BlackBerry as the best thing around when I had BB OS 4.0 on my device.

When I switched to 4.1, the reliability of the GT client app dropped down quite a bit.

Then I got so frustrated I gave up.

However, that could just be my journey!

You will need to set up a transport with another jabber server.

To find one, google for a list. I think there's a link in that post I made to a decent list.

Through your google account in psi, you will want to register the jabber server you've chosen with your google talk sign in. If I remember correctly, this is done by right clicking on the google account and selecting "services".

However, the biggest problem is finding a reliable jabber server with transports that allow you to use the transport on another jabber server. I went through at least four before a found a good one. But then eventually, it stopped being reliable.

That's when I gave up.

I can't know if it's google talk, the GT client on BB, or the jabber server I was using. Too many variables!

I'm not trying to discourage, but it is a bit gloomier now.